+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by tripie View Post
    Is it working out for Ruben? Lost the manager who persuaded him to turn down offers from bigger clubs just a few weeks into a long term contract? Think we'll have to wait a while to judge that one!
    Depends on Oxford's setup. If they are like us and have an overriding philosophy, they'll get someone to continue what Manning started. I think his move has been pretty successful so far. They're second in L1 and he's a regular starter. We'll see how things look in a year or two though.

I don't worry too much about the situation. I desperately want LW to be here long-term but football management is so different to other jobs.

Regarding our managers being poached, that is what happens. When we do need a new one, people will be suggesting names - if we take a manager from another team, what's the difference?

Let's hope Luke is as happy as he appears to be, that he realises that we have a good thing going here and takes us up the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Depends on Oxford's setup. If they are like us and have an overriding philosophy, they'll get someone to continue what Manning started. I think his move has been pretty successful so far. They're second in L1 and he's a regular starter. We'll see how things look in a year or two though.
    They went from Karl Robinson to Liam Manning. I don't think they have an overriding philosophy like us.

Maybe they will try and find someone similar due to the fact he left them but I'm not sure they're flush with cash to pay for an in work manager as the price will have shot right up

Current favourite to replace Manning is Des Buckingham. That's right, you've head of him - he's the head coach of Mumbai City. Yeah, that Des Buckingham.

I'm surprised Des Buckingham is not holding out for a better job tbh.

Perhaps Buckingham would be a better fit at Palace.

Des Buckingham sounds like a 70s cabaret singer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Des Buckingham sounds like a 70s cabaret singer.
    Or a 70's p0rn star.

Sorry, mis-read it.

He's one of their own, as it were, according to Wikipedia.

"Buckingham began his professional coaching career at Oxford United at the age of 18, initially working through the club's age-group squads. At the start of the 2013–14 Football League Two season, Buckingham progressed as a coach into the first team, under then-manager, Chris Wilder.

In his time at the club, Buckingham was able to support the transition of 24 players from the youth ranks into their first professional contracts."

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He's one of their own, as it were, according to Wikipedia.

"Buckingham began his professional coaching career at Oxford United at the age of 18, initially working through the club's age-group squads. At the start of the 2013–14 Football League Two season, Buckingham progressed as a coach into the first team, under then-manager, Chris Wilder.

In his time at the club, Buckingham was able to support the transition of 24 players from the youth ranks into their first professional contracts."
    Mumbai City are part of the Man City “stable” aren’t they/City Football Group - prob some crossover in set up and coaching so somewhat groomed for a bigger job …

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast