+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The only players available in January are the ones that are surplus to requirements...
    Tell me, when did Jodi Jones arrive again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Tell me, when did Jodi Jones arrive again?
    He wasnt wanted at Oxford, and we took a massive gamble, which for us fortunately paid off..

Just like the majority of those who think Nemane is the best thing since slice bread, but in reality he is just a bang average inconsistent none league player...The same goes to those who were raving about Randall and Morias...
    I haven't seen anyone saying that about Nemane, nor anyone raving about Morias and Randall.

Sorry but I think you need some new glasses!

He wasnt wanted at Oxford, and we took a massive gamble, which for us fortunately paid off..
    So you admit you can strengthen in January then, or is Jones not adding anything to the team?

Durham isn't the only one who dosn't rate Nemane as I don't either he dosn't take his man on often enough his greatest asset is his pace which shows when Crowley plays a ball inside the full back for him to run on to but the way Tranmere set up he couldn't do it.

Also his delivery is simply not good enough and his defending as a wing back is poor probably because really he's an out and out winger
    what we need is someone like Rob Apter who has gone back to Blackpool from Tranmere

All signings are a gamble, but I think the way we do things means that few are massive. I think out recruitment team really do their homework and we go into every new signing with our eyes wide open. That doesn't mean every signing is a success, but more succeed than fail. I think that reflects our current position too.

So Ruben lied about the fact that he and Oxford had essentially agreed a deal for the end of season way before the season ended?
    Also, no one mentioned Ruben, you were asked a direct question about JJ, which you have shirked.
    You keep making sweeping statements as fact when they are simply your opinion. Which of course you are entitled to. However, it’s seldom positive.

Just like the majority of those who think Nemane is the best thing since slice bread, but in reality he is just a bang average inconsistent none league player...The same goes to those who were raving about Randall and Morias...
    If the majority were saying this, then you would have a point, but as far as I can see they aren't. There are shades of grey, which you seem to fail to see. Nemane can be good at times, average at others - by no means the best thing since sliced bread, but neither is he a 'bang average none [sic] league player'. I would say he is probably a slightly better than average L2 player who needs to show what he can do more consistently.

As for the other 2, the most positive stuff I have seen is that we would see more of both with more game time, but Morias isn't as good as the alternatives, so chances are limited and Randall is unlucky with his car crash and other injuries. I don't see that as raving... but then you see things differently to the rest of us. I think players need a lot of time to adapt to our system and some adapt quicker than others, and these two have struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not exactly true as all players have a price.

An example is if someone offered us £1m plus for Langstaff you think we reject it ?
    If we didn't reject it then it would say to the fans we're not interested in promotion and the crowds that are helping us head towards sustainability would drop. However I do expect Langstaff to be on the move in the summer if we fail to sucure promotion.

I think there is every chance Macca will be gone even if we do get promoted as fully expect to see him in the Championship next season. However, it would have to be the right club or he could end up facing some big challenges. Easier to come to terms with him leaving now and enjoy him while we can.

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast