+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: v Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    And by the way, anyone selected ahead of Harkes now is the right way to go, it's obvious he's not got what it takes for the Premier. Sporle in there would even be an upgrade.
    Harkes at Turnbulls goal, what exactly was he doing here?

https://twitter.com/FantasticForre1/...293318659?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Harkes at Turnbulls goal, what exactly was he doing here?

https://twitter.com/FantasticForre1/...293318659?s=20
    Is he the player on the right at the beginning of the clip, playing with his socks instead of tracking back to cover space?

Is he the player on the right at the beginning of the clip, playing with his socks instead of tracking back to cover space?
    He's the guy that pulls off the move you'd expect to see on Dancing On Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's the guy that pulls off the move you'd expect to see on Dancing On Ice.
    Think it was Clark I was seeing. Was going to say the camera angle possibly makes him look closer to the 18 yard line than he was. Harkes must be the player who pirouettes the other way then!

You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong. Butcher gives the ball away far too often at Championship level never mind Premiership level.
    He gives too many fouls away to compensate for his lack of quality, gets booked far too often because of it. He's not been the standard we need this season although he got away with it last season. I'm willing to bet there isn't a holding midfield player in any of the 12 teams that loses possession more than he does. His job is to break up play with clean tackles and move the ball cleanly to one of our players and I'm not seeing that often enough from him. For reference see for example Gogic at Hibs

Its not wrong but you are entitled to think it is that's why I'm agreeing to disagree with those who think not, I've witnessed him good enough in a Utd team in the top 3 and witnessed him in top form part season which he hasn't shown yet this term, it will come in sure

MM hasn't got the best out of him so far but that's the case with quite a few players in the crap system we have been playing, if it gets us points to stay up then great but think we'd all prefer a run of games in a balanced system with four at the back

Now with Fuchs and Butcher I feel less confident about the next month, including Saturday in sheep ville

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Now with Fuchs and Butcher I feel less confident about the next month, including Saturday in sheep ville
    I'm the opposite, the next month should be a huge motivator for fringe players.
    After tomorrow we are playing 5 of the current bottom 6 if those that come in can't do the do and grab their chance then they never will.

If it doesn't work out results wise, MM will then be able to force Ogren and Ashgar's hand

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Its not wrong but you are entitled to think it is that's why I'm agreeing to disagree with those who think not, I've witnessed him good enough in a Utd team in the top 3 and witnessed him in top form part season which he hasn't shown yet this term, it will come in sure

MM hasn't got the best out of him so far but that's the case with quite a few players in the crap system we have been playing, if it gets us points to stay up then great but think we'd all prefer a run of games in a balanced system with four at the back

According to Wiki Butcher played 21 games for us in his 1st stint, probably half of them in midfield so I don't know what you are basing your over hyped opinion of him on?

A poor man's Jim Goodwin in my opinion and if Hearts offer 10 bob then we should bite their hands off.

What exactly do you think he brings to our team to rate him so highly? He's a walking yellow card and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    According to Wiki Butcher played 21 games for us in his 1st stint, probably half of them in midfield so I don't know what you are basing your over hyped opinion of him on?

A poor man's Jim Goodwin in my opinion and if Hearts offer 10 bob then we should bite their hands off.

What exactly do you think he brings to our team to rate him so highly? He's a walking yellow card and nothing more.
    The bedsit's outside facility door has been working well since your repair mate,thanks again.I still don't think that Mrs Jones our neighbour has recovered from the door blowing open whilst i was in the middle of my ablutions though.
    I tried to explain it was a dodgy lock but she's no having it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)