+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SSB- Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The boy's an experienced goalkeeper with over 130 top flight games under his belt. How long does he need to 'get there'?

We haven't got time to f*ck about hoping he becomes a goalkeeper who knows where to stand when the opponent is on the attack or when to leave a cross to his defence. It's basic goalkeeping.
    Absolutely this!

We should be signing an emergency keeper and getting these two ****s to clean the ****ing windows instead. Mind and put the shammies on a string round their necks though as they do get slippery.

Well after over 130 top flight games under his belt he must surely know where to stand when the opponent is on the attack. Are you serious?!
    'Getting there' involves adapting to a new team, a new set-up & a new league in a new country.
    I reiterate, Siegrist needed time to adapt.

United aren't in a position where they can afford to gamble on one of the two keepers coming good second half of the season, the rest of the team isn't good enough to mask their inefficiencies just now. If their was one positivity of the Aussie getting a run before the break it was to demonstrate this. Need to get someone in even for 6 months. Eriksson should be ahead of the Aussie, he is an accident waiting to happen, spreads nerves through defence, but ultimately he can at least save shots too, but neither are up to mark right now.

Our team might only be a couple of the right signings from turning this around, but as it stands, with that imbalanced team/squad and keepers, we are going down, it's denial of th evidence to say otherwise too. Bang average strikers too who either don't work hard enough to defend from the top or are too slow to, as well as not being prolific. Need to defend as a team, especially if you're not good enough to outscore teams

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Well after over 130 top flight games under his belt he must surely know where to stand when the opponent is on the attack. Are you serious?!
    'Getting there' involves adapting to a new team, a new set-up & a new league in a new country.
    I reiterate, Siegrist needed time to adapt.
    Did you watch the Aberdeen game at Tannadice? I can only assume you didn't.

It's not the adaptation that's his problem. It's his decision making & positioning. Things a goalkeeper should already know. Basic, basic stuff. He's been here for almost a year. He should know the team & set up by now.

Siegrist needed time as he'd only played something like 30 odd games across his entire career at a lower level before he arrived at Tannadice. He was a very inexperienced goalkeeper, unlike the two we have now. They've racked up over 300 games between them.

I was there so what is it that I wasn't watching, was it your insightfulness that the goalie doesn't know where to stand when the opponent is on the attack?
    In football history he must surely be the first goalkeeper with International experience who doesn't know where to ***n stand.

The chances are we won't be bringing in any other goalkeeper this season, windies or emergency loans or no windies, so I suggest we start backing Eriksson.

I was there so what is it that I wasn't watching, was it your insightfulness that the goalie doesn't know where to stand when the opponent is on the attack?
    In football history he must surely be the first goalkeeper with International experience who doesn't know where to ***n stand.

The chances are we won't be bringing in any other goalkeeper this season, windies or emergency loans or no windies, so I suggest we start backing Eriksson.
    Alternatively, we can have our own opinions?

I'm quite surprised anyone thinks Birighitti is a better keeper than Ericsson. He's been flogging a goal a game since he came back in. Sorry but phuck that. And the Twitter thing, phuxache. 🙂

I’m still amazed Jack Newman hasn’t been given an opportunity. Looked excellent against the SSBs at the start of the season for Peterhead and was then subsequently recalled to basically kick his heels. Unfair and given what we’ve seen between the sticks so far, at a minimum he at least deserves a chance as frankly he can’t be any worse.

Have a little watch of this, it'll only take 10 seconds or so, and tell me what exactly the goalkeeper is doing?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hip-highlights

Well the chances are we are going doon,so no i will not get behind totally shyte keepers who are gonna relegate us.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)