+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Thought Sibbald was our best player, not a very high bar tbf. Regained possession in a quick press, created and scored our goal.
    Yeah, he played ok (good finish but it was a tap in) but he's just not the defensive cover we need in midfield. I actually can't believe we still haven't signed anyone for that. After the keeper that was priority #1 for me.

It's mental to think that the club are trying to squeeze as much money out of the fans as possible, but would appear to not really give 2 hoots about the money generated in a cup run! The penny pinching is defo costing the club a lot more in the long run! JG has a task very similar to what Craig Brewster had, and that is clearing the decks...and I think his tenure will end in the same way as Brewsters! Every other club in that league will now smell blood with us and will not fear us at all. We have conceded the exact same goal...over and over agian. Celtic scored the exact same goal about 5 times against us in one game. It really is pretty remarkable that we haven't fixed that!

Just in case you can't remember....watch this!
    https://youtu.be/J3ZmjWuQwqY

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, he played ok (good finish but it was a tap in) but he's just not the defensive cover we need in midfield. I actually can't believe we still haven't signed anyone for that. After the keeper that was priority #1 for me.
    Agree with that. But after winning the ball on the press he played it forward quickly to Watt, ran into the space where he scored from.
    Something we don't see from any of our attacking players often enough.

Goodwin is trying to find something but needs to find a best 11 quickly or the defeats and pressure will just build. As I said last night I don't think some of our fans realise how broken we are and how many players lack the quality needed.

It's a massive reflection of a completely failed academy, something that too often gets glossed over on here.

Anywhere near the bottom of the Championship? Phuck me. 🤔
    What are your expectations of this season then Terry? Bouncing along the foot of the championship is a very real scenario that fellow Arabs are starting to mention. Now ive used "IF" in my post as i dont think that scenario plays out, but IF we dont empty the ugly sisters that are Mulgrew and The Clown, then there does not appear to be any cash available to find what might turn out to be a gem of a player and we end up in danger!

If you reply, you are gonna have to come up with more than a one liner, and i know who mah Auntie would be IF she had baws! You will also have lost the argument if you mention anything about we being Dundee United!

Agree with that. But after winning the ball on the press he played it forward quickly to Watt, ran into the space where he scored from.
    Something we don't see from any of our attacking players often enough.

Goodwin is trying to find something but needs to find a best 11 quickly or the defeats and pressure will just build. As I said last night I don't think some of our fans realise how broken we are and how many players lack the quality needed.

It's a massive reflection of a completely failed academy, something that too often gets glossed over on here.
    We still ought to be able to beat the Spartans though, that's on Jim as far as I'm concerned. Say what you like about the quality of the squad but these are hardly top drawer opposition we're playing. This manager cannot just absolve himself of any blame. He has consistently shown he cannot organise a defence, even against the lowest of opposition. Anyone thinking he can turn us around is dreaming.

Yesterday for me: Sibbald is not what we need in the middle of the park. I thought it last season and I still think it now. I've no idea why we signed Holt when we already have Graham. Denham needs to get on the weights, can't believe he's 21, looks about 17. It was like watching us last season but with different players. Early days but there is a hell of a lot of work to be done to get this squad into a team.
    Agree with this. I've never really got Sibbald as a player tbh. He's a 5-6 outta 10 kinda player with nothing special. Denham has had a mare in both his games now. With no other right sided CH, we're forced into playing two lefties at the back. Graham is a fat better option atm but playing him on the right isn't ideal. Freeman still pish. Get Grimshaw in there on Saturday. On the other side, McMann was at least offering something going forward last night.

I said earlier in the week that nothing looks to have changed from last season. We're just continuing where we left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We still ought to be able to beat the Spartans though, that's on Jim as far as I'm concerned. Say what you like about the quality of the squad but these are hardly top drawer opposition we're playing. This manager cannot just absolve himself of any blame. He has consistently shown he cannot organise a defence, even against the lowest of opposition. Anyone thinking he can turn us around is dreaming.
    Are we gonna have a full season of these posts ADS, he's not getting sacked whether some of us want it or not!

Are we gonna have a full season of these posts ADS, he's not getting sacked whether some of us want it or not!
    Are you telling me I can't voice my opinion?

I notice you didn't respond yesterday when I pointed out that I do also make positive comments where there's an opportunity? You seem to have an issue with me pointing out that I'm not happy with the manager. It's not like no one did that before is it?
    Last edited by Arabdownsouth; 19-07-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agree with this. I've never really got Sibbald as a player tbh. He's a 5-6 outta 10 kinda player with nothing special. Denham has had a mare in both his games now. With no other right sided CH, we're forced into playing two lefties at the back. Graham is a fat better option atm but playing him on the right isn't ideal. Freeman still pish. Get Grimshaw in there on Saturday. On the other side, McMann was at least offering something going forward last night.

I said earlier in the week that nothing looks to have changed from last season. We're just continuing where we left off.
    Your last paragraph sums it up , we conceding the same kind of goals , still no creativity middle to front and still nobody that can cross a decent ball , we are heading the same way but with different players . Honestly can’t it see it getting better while Ogren remains

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)