+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: League Reconstruction

One other point as well - why is this money going to ALL Clubs? What the phuck do Septic need £50k for, for example? Surely, the distribution should be based on need and secondly, surely to non Premiership clubs only as they are the ones in the most need of help? (Or is it because Hearts are equally needing to buy Premier League votes as well???)

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    I would want and expect our chairman to except if we were as poor on the pitch as Hearts were this season to take it on the chin and be relegated. Any other way makes a mockery of our game.
    Na I'm sorry that's bullsh1t. No way would you be saying that if it was the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Na I'm sorry that's bullsh1t. No way would you be saying that if it was the other way round.
    Agree,
    Being seen to stick up for your club would be expected by fans etc, the gripe is expecting other clubs to listen to your begging because your team was bottom of league when you wouldn't have said a word if you weren't.
    Is there an unwritten code where clubs are expected to accommodate when certain clubs are in trouble, eg Rangers break rules, or screw Falkirk and their stadium cos we prefer to keep Aberdeen.
    Have they employed Cummings to find the loopholes?

As for the proposed reconstruction, permanent or not at all would be my answer

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I wouldn't think threatening legal action against clubs would be a great way to get clubs to support her ridiculous proposals 😂
    So it's now gone from threatening legal action against clubs to " Hey guess what everyone, I've got a mate with loads of free cash to give away if you'll all just vote to keep us up"

****ing pathetic and is dragging our already beleaguered name into the realms of absolute disgrace and disrepute.

**** off Budge, **** off Hearts and give us all ****ing peace!

I am beginning to think that the new Sheep head shepherd is a bit of a screwball,no sooner had i posted i thought he was maybe in cahoots with the OF he comes out with a statement saying he is not in favour of 14 for 5 years.

A few weeks ago i heard him on the radio saying the Sheep were not in favour of any reconstruction,a week later he said he would support a temporary restructure for 2 years.

He also come out with the we are losing a million a month statement and a few other things that made no sense to me whatsoever.Maybe in future he will prove me wrong but i am currently of the opinion that he is in the Calum Melville mould,anybody mind of him?.

I think he has been really successful in America - seems the real deal for them. Not as inconsistent yet as Nelms who gave different reasons for his no vote before voting yes. Or budge who said there too many clubs before trying to increase them.

I am really fed up with hearts over this.

A 14 club top league is really unattractive. It’s not good for most clubs. The bottom 8 is really unattractive.

There would still be a mass relegation in 2 or 5 years when the leagues went back to how they should be apart from this desperate attempt to favour hearts.

The less teams is better - there are already too many weak links in Scottish football. The money needs focused on the top clubs in the top division.

A top 12 has worked really well and should be kept.

Lots of other things Scottish football should concentrate on - like getting back to playing and youth development.

Time for hearts to accept their medicine and get ready for trips to the trolley dome next season

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think he has been really successful in America - seems the real deal for them. Not as inconsistent yet as Nelms who gave different reasons for his no vote before voting yes. Or budge who said there too many clubs before trying to increase them.

A 14 club top league is really unattractive. It’s not good for most clubs. The bottom 8 is really unattractive.

There would still be a mass relegation in 2 or 5 years when the leagues went back to how they should be apart from this desperate attempt to favour hearts.

The less teams is better - there are already too many weak links in Scottish football. The money needs focused on the top clubs in the top division.

Lots of other things Scottish football should concentrate on - like getting back to playing and youth development.

Time for hearts to accept their medicine and get ready for trips to the trolley dome next season
    Well said, spot on! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by lsarab View Post
    i think he has been really successful in america - seems the real deal for them. Not as inconsistent yet as nelms who gave different reasons for his no vote before voting yes. Or budge who said there too many clubs before trying to increase them.

The less teams is better - there are already too many weak links in scottish football. The money needs focused on the top clubs in the top division.

Lots of other things scottish football should concentrate on - like getting back to playing and youth development.

this ^^

Anne Budge is like a spoiled child ... keep asking.. until the answer changes from "no" to "yes"

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)