+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 🪹The Nest

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    The screen is so big you get a good view, reminded me though of why I would not want to go back to standing at matches.
    Why would you throw beer around at six quid a pint 🤔
    I’m not a fan of capital punishment but I’d definitely think about bringing back hanging for chucking beer around after a goal in a group game against Serbia.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    There was a lot of beer throwing last night
    https://www.instagram.com/nottscount...l/C8StQNgtaq2/
    Well, it was Doombar!

Brilliant investment. If we can start selling out at maximum capacity, there's no reason this can't generate 500,000+ a year. Now you add season ticket sales ect, and our income is very healthy for a L2/L1 level.club.

If you want to watch tomorrows' match at The Nest you need to get in there sharpish.
    I was told yesterday that besides the seating, they have a limit of 600 standing.
    Just looked and they are currently on 570+.

If you want to watch tomorrows' match at The Nest you need to get in there sharpish.
    I was told yesterday that besides the seating, they have a limit of 600 standing.
    Just looked and they are currently on 570+.
    Blimey that's a bit of a disaster for the club's finances! Did you hear who had slapped the limit on capacity (and why)? It was variously quoted as having a capacity of 1,200 or 1,500 just a week or two ago so chopping it down to 600 excluding the seating seems a bit draconian!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-06-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey that's a bit of a disaster for the club's finances! Did you hear who had slapped the limit on capacity (and why)? It was variously quoted as having a capacity of 1,200 or 1,500 just a week or two ago so chopping it down to 600 excluding the seating seems a bit draconian!
    The indoor part of the site with the screen view quite clearly is not big enough to take 1500 people. I don’t believe anyone at the club could ever have imagined you could cram 1500 people inside. That would be about a quarter of the Pavis Stand capacity and would be totally unsafe. Photos of inside at the Denmark game where I believe there were about 600 in total seems to back this up. So going for a total now of about 750 is probably a further trial. I have read somewhere that The Big Shed is limited to 500.
    Don’t forget that Serbia and Slovenia didn’t even sell out.
    I always assumed that the 1500 would include the outside yard on match days with the sun out. Maybe they could fit an outdoor screen as well.
    All I know is that they had sold just over 400 tickets yesterday morning and had 190 left.

The indoor part of the site with the screen view quite clearly is not big enough to take 1500 people. I don’t believe anyone at the club could ever have imagined you could cram 1500 people inside. That would be about a quarter of the Pavis Stand capacity and would be totally unsafe. Photos of inside at the Denmark game where I believe there were about 600 in total seems to back this up. So going for a total now of about 750 is probably a further trial. I have read somewhere that The Big Shed is limited to 500.
    Don’t forget that Serbia and Slovenia didn’t even sell out.
    I always assumed that the 1500 would include the outside yard on match days with the sun out. Maybe they could fit an outdoor screen as well.
    All I know is that they had sold just over 400 tickets yesterday morning and had 190 left.
    Ah yes, good point. I hadn't even considered that the official capacity might include the outside areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ah yes, good point. I hadn't even considered that the official capacity might include the outside areas.
    We have now sold out of our 744 tickets. Big Shed still havent sold out their 500. (although it is £11 to get in there)

That's about £4,500 for the club even before the event!

I don't think there's going to be an admission charge on matchdays, but if the Nest is getting an average of 750 customers for 42 games per year (23 for us, 19 for Forest) and each customer is spending an average of £20 then that's over £600k extra income across a season. What a fantastic investment by Notts.
    Last edited by LilCrazyKim; 29-06-2024 at 03:35 PM.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast