+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic away

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Neilson has just cramped up, maybe something to do with it. You get that many crosses in box something will eventually break. Mental and physical pressure on defence too. Our forward players really don’t take any pressure of defence.
    Correct ^^^^^ When your midfield players can't keep possession and take some pressure off the defence it causes problems. Time and again this happened and more attack waves came on us. When Jota came on I knew we were going to concede at some point it was just a matter of when.

This will keep happening to us unless we get better players into that midfield.

Even just a pacey or physical option up top to make it stick or run in behind into corners when we do get tired and end up punting it. McNulty came on and just gave it away or fouled.

On our way to 50 without a win there, that is a truly embarrassing statistic for a club our stature. Or as Jim McLean would say, a disgrace.

Actually think both games this season have presented opportunities, we’ve defended well and rode our luck, but no cutting edge in final. We played better first game, today we defended manfully, but it didn’t matter when they got there goal, provided they got it, they were winning the match.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Neilson has just cramped up, maybe something to do with it. You get that many crosses in box something will eventually break. Mental and physical pressure on defence too. Our forward players really don’t take any pressure of defence.
    100% this Wont blame Neilson one bit - and I hope the butch haters give him a break now

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I wouldn't have thought we'd have had to pay anything towards Reynolds leaving if he had a club lined up? Connolly is only on loan, so I I'm assuming half of his wage will be getting paid by Dundalk? We wouldn't have had to pay him anything. Carson similar. That has to be circa £3.5k a week, maybe more, right there? Between that and Chalmers, Smith & the young lads, that could well be Watt and Eriksson paid for? That was my thinking anyway. 🤪
    The thing is it could be not a lot or it could be a few bob. I'm just pointing out that saying we should have money to spend may not be accurate. In fact, based on recent comments from the club, it seems we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    100% this Wont blame Neilson one bit - and I hope the butch haters give him a break now
    I am someone who has been very critical of Butcher but the last couple of games he has played very well. Note the common factor played in a different position.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The thing is it could be not a lot or it could be a few bob. I'm just pointing out that saying we should have money to spend may not be accurate. In fact, based on recent comments from the club, it seems we don't.
    Of course, hence why I said 'major guess'. A lot depends on how much we're paying Watt. I don't imagine he's getting your average Dundee Utd salary.

Glass loosing the ball twice doing tricks at the end was very frustrating, also seems very slow

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    I am someone who has been very critical of Butcher but the last couple of games he has played very well. Note the common factor played in a different position.
    Folk were critical of him as a CD - personally I think he is better there!

Some folk were calling him a coward a few weeks ago. I hope we can now all agree that he is a valuable member of the squad and belongs at this level.

I think Ross Graham deserves a mention coming into the game and playing really well. I thought he slotted in really well when McMann went off.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)