+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end?

OJP what planet do you live on? I voted to remain, and if you could read, never mind, construct a feasible argument you would have noticed I never said "tolerate child abuse".
    Also, the country is in a mess not because my generation were profligate (look it up) but because the banks were and then the government spent billions (or more) on baling them out.
    The problem on this thread is that we now live in an instantaneous emotion society. It is too easy for some people to get angry and not think about what they are saying and so so they are able to make short-cuts in logical discussion and then go from idea to spitting bile in a moment. When communication is face-to-face everyone has to think before they speak, otherwise society would collapse. Unfortunately, instant media allows people to froth about an idea without any direct comeback.

Because of the above, I really worry about future and our descent into barbarism.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    OJP what planet do you live on? I voted to remain, and if you could read, never mind, construct a feasible argument you would have noticed I never said "tolerate child abuse".
    Also, the country is in a mess not because my generation were profligate (look it up) but because the banks were and then the government spent billions (or more) on baling them out.
    The problem on this thread is that we now live in an instantaneous emotion society. It is too easy for some people to get angry and not think about what they are saying and so so they are able to make short-cuts in logical discussion and then go from idea to spitting bile in a moment. When communication is face-to-face everyone has to think before they speak, otherwise society would collapse. Unfortunately, instant media allows people to froth about an idea without any direct comeback.

Because of the above, I really worry about future and our descent into barbarism.

Like Gazan post.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post

More than a hint of bile-spitting in this post. An alternative interpretation is simply that you disagree with the opinions stated above, rather than there being any inherent problem with the mode of communication.

I wonder what generation you think the senior leadership at those banks during the Blair/Brown era belonged to? And the baby-boomers voted overwhelmingly for Brexit whereas younger people voted for remain. Rather than they like to go on holiday I would suggest it was because they had rather more to lose from the ensuing chaos that would result from a leave win.

So.... Manchester voted remain and Crewe voted leave. What's ojp's analysis about that fact? The point is that you can accept these divisions (baby boomers vs younger generations or north vs south) within society at face value or not. If you do, then the people who really run the country will be very pleased and will be able to continue to taking us to the cleaners. We should be accepting this generation crap AND it has no bearing on the original topic.

So kids get abused at our football club and the thread discussing it goes into a brexit/working class vs other pissing match.

Work colleagues of mine have told me that they truly think our fan base is deluded as **** and quite disgusting for the way the fans have come across during this time. They go on the Crewe alex hashtag and see our fans are more angry at the media than our own club? I try and tell them otherwise but its hard to disagree. Our club deserves the bad press, people blindly defending the club because? Well I dont know, how can you defend the club at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by samrnpage@hotmail.com View Post
    So kids get abused at our football club and the thread discussing it goes into a brexit/working class vs other pissing match.

Work colleagues of mine have told me that they truly think our fan base is deluded as **** and quite disgusting for the way the fans have come across during this time. They go on the Crewe alex hashtag and see our fans are more angry at the media than our own club? I try and tell them otherwise but its hard to disagree. Our club deserves the bad press, people blindly defending the club because? Well I dont know, how can you defend the club at the moment?
    Has it occurred to you that maybe your work mates aren't an authority on this situation? Or haven't read the whole story.

Is it absolutely appalling that this happened at Crewe? Absolutely , but we're yet to find out whether the club have any guilt in this situation and at least for now it seems as if the club are guilty of naivety rather than a wilfull cover up.
    Chelsea on the other hand have been proven to have actively covered it up to the point where they paid off a victim with a gagging clause. Southamptons coach , it has been revealed, was so suspected by the FA that they sent letters out asking clubs to not affiliate to his schools. How has this been reported in the press ? The Mail had a quote about Chelsea that featured the phrase "Fair play to Chelsea" and that Crewe "took a youth team to Southampton" when that coach was there (before the letter btw).

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Has it occurred to you that maybe your work mates aren't an authority on this situation? Or haven't read the whole story.

Is it absolutely appalling that this happened at Crewe? Absolutely , but we're yet to find out whether the club have any guilt in this situation and at least for now it seems as if the club are guilty of naivety rather than a wilfull cover up.
    Chelsea on the other hand have been proven to have actively covered it up to the point where they paid off a victim with a gagging clause. Southamptons coach , it has been revealed, was so suspected by the FA that they sent letters out asking clubs to not affiliate to his schools. How has this been reported in the press ? The Mail had a quote about Chelsea that featured the phrase "Fair play to Chelsea" and that Crewe "took a youth team to Southampton" when that coach was there (before the letter btw).
    Well said thnhouse. Judge, jury and executioner all made their minds up, so little point in any investigation. Firing squad lined up. No prizes for guessing who they are.

But GD has been implicated in the Chelsea mess and information coming to light shows he was aware of things going on at our club before the arrest of GB in this country .
    Best thing for our club is all those in a position of power at the time of the allegations to step down now so an open investigation can be carried out without fear of them influencing it.
    I fear the longer certain people hang on the worse it could make things but that is just my opinion

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast