+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: The bigger picture ...

re: The bigger picture ...

Just for Aucks this ! (Or any other old timer who yearns for the good old days )

One particular guy I worked under in my formative years delighted in winding me up, where I would have to go to him with my latest 'offering', where he would meticulously calculate out my reasoning with the then relatively newish 'invention' - the scientific calculator !
    This he would do to EIGHT decimal places as that was the 'capacity' of his particular chosen model, and in doing so point out my enormous error of 'calculation'.
    Letting me wallow a short time in exasperation, he would then state 'of course that's all academic, as in the real world...' , he would then reveal his own long hand calcs paired down to 'realistic' one and sometimes two decimal places.
    And congratulate me on a fine effort.
    I hold nothing but enormous respect and gratitude for his 'tuition'.
    Some guys have it, some don't.
    I would like to feel I have carried that 'approach' throughout my subsequent career.

Note; he was rel

Why is it that all / most domestic meters have a line of dialled numbers recording usage that are then used to report (to the relevant supplier) such usage, that are broken into : White or black and then end number/s in red. That we are told to ignore and not include. ???

It may be my age, but makes no sense to me.

Is it because the red numbers are miniscule amounts of energy being used (like milliseconds on a watch )and by the time you ve written down the two red numbers they ve simply moved on so far so really not accurate ?

It's always surprised me that some of the most prolific posters on here rarely see a match but are happy to criticise the views of those that do go.

If a group of 6 people watch a match there are invariably 6 opinions about what they saw.

Footballs like that, it's personal.
    This is a forum so we can all chip in but if you don't go leave those that do to their opinions, they just HAVE to be more valid.

N
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie5o
    Why is it that all / most domestic meters have a line of dialled numbers recording usage that are then used to report (to the relevant supplier) such usage, that are broken into : White or black and then end number/s in red. That we are told to ignore and not include. ???

Is it because the red numbers are miniscule amounts of energy being used (like milliseconds on a watch )and by the time you ve written down the two red numbers they ve simply moved on so far so really not accurate ?
    Howie I thought me and you were 'mates' I really do wish you would have put in a wink there, so I did not get the impression you think of me as a numpty
    I was asking in jest. but then again, what about when the gas, leckie or water is off ( as it is often for owd uns like me ). Again In jest
    Much like the eight decimal places, the point whatever whatever on fuel pumps it's unnecessary o

Quote Originally Posted by Despair

Howie I thought me and you were 'mates' I really do wish you would have put in a wink there, so I did not get the impression you think of me as a numpty
    I was asking in jest. but then again, what about when the gas, leckie or water is off ( as it is often for owd uns like me ). Again In jest
    Much like the eight decimal places, the point whate

Re # 100.

Aha meaningless jargon, known as bull**** bingo where a colleague of mine had a competition between his colleagues where: having sat in any kind of meeting there were points scored for announcing and listing any of the latest buzz words being bandied about. This in the hope (by the user) to be then viewed as being very much 'on the ball' , 'in the zone' , 'pretty damn cool' etc.
    Even better still, and more points gained, to actually come up with some yourself and then use them in any meeting thus 'challenging' those that thought they were damn cool, on the ball etc. to actually challenge you by admitting in public that they had no idea whatsoever on what the hell you were on about. And thus endanger themselves in coming across as a loser, gimp, numpty.
    Aaah I really miss those fun days.

Mark Warburton and his whole backroom staff use only stats based on the 'moneyball' idea used in Baseball. It got them promotion out of Div 1 ,& they have a majority of this season in the play offs. They only use this method, it worked for them. Maybe stats show that Grant Hanley is a decent defender, my eyes tell me other.

Working away and I miss this post! Champo, I think Gareth Ainsworth is a great shout. My personal choice would be Gary Johnson. I know he's just had a bad time at Yeovil but as others have said 'times and places' sometimes just don't gel.
    Having said all that, I still think Bowyer to be a decent manager at this level but I can't see us go any further than that with him.
    Somebody to get us 'up', Tony Pulis but we can't afford him and this present 'regime' wouldn't attract him. So I think it will be status quo for some time to come.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by Davhor
    Working away and I miss this post! Champo, I think Gareth Ainsworth is a great shout. My personal choice would be Gary Johnson. I know he's just had a bad time at Yeovil but as others have said 'times and places' sometimes just don't gel.
    Having said all that, I still think Bowyer to be a decent manager at this level but I can't see us go any further than that with him.
    Somebody to get us 'up', Tony Pulis but we can't afford him and this present 'regime' wouldn't attract him. So I think it will be status quo for some time to come.
    You mean current west brom manager tony pulis??????
    Deluded doesn't even come close to you fckers,face facts bowyer is the best you're gonna get for a long time now.You overachieved when walker was in charge now sink back to your natural level with a bit of dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer
    You mean current west brom manager tony pulis??????
    Deluded doesn't even come close to you fckers,face facts bowyer is the best you're gonna get for a long time now.You overachieved when walker was in charge now sink back to your natural level with a bit of dignity.[/quote]

Its good to overachieve im sure you ll completely agree with you being a dingle ...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)