+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Pet Gripes

re: O/T Pet Gripes

Anyone over 30 who wears a baseball cap backwards or sunglasses indoors (without a Dr's note).

Chocolate bars getting smaller

There was a time that a YORKIE was a challenge to devour in one sitting

If CARAMACS were a person they would be getting treatment for anorexia

Frys TURKISH DELIGHTS, if this trend continues, by 2020 will be the size is a POSTAGE STAMP and will cost a quid.

In the year 2525.... if man is still alive...if chocolate has survived,...we may find

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Tepid, damp squib James Bond themes.

You know what I mean; romantic, mushy ballads like "For Your Eyes Only", "All Time High", "Nobody Does It Better" and most of the recent ones (although I loved "Skyfall" - perhaps because it was a re-working of the mesmerising "Diamonds Are Forever"). Too soppy to set the tone IMO.

Whereas an explosive John Barry-type score with plenty of punchy brass and a suitably leather-lunged powerhouse vocal ("Thunderball", "Live And Let Die", "The Man With The Golden Gun" etc) puts me in just the right mood for a 007 screening.

The new one "Writing's On The Wall" by Sam Smith as the theme for "Spectre" is disappointingly underwhelming.
    What's wrong with a bit of Carly Simon? - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by sweeneywolf
    Men wearing earrings

Women with nosetuds

Mohican haircuts on anyone, except Mohicans
    Believe it or not Sweeney, when I lived in Montreal, for 49 years or so of my life, my house was a 20 minute drive from a Mohawk Reservation. I have seen several whites wearing Mohawk hairdo's...but never a native sporting one.

Bit of a serious one this...

Why do the media outlets, the main culprit s being TV news... Persist in prolonging the pain and suffering of the families of murdered victims ( especially children) by showing photos or clips of the victim(s) every time reference is made to the killer.

The images of the unfortunate victims get burnt into your memory and must wrench at the hearts of the child's parents and loved ones.

By all means show a picture of the vile perpetrator but not the sad victim.

Rant
    over ...

Nice one Sweeney.

Whilst I'm here, anyone who still refers to the Premier League as the Premiership.

It hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007.

I don't give a sh!t if it is "colloquially" known as the Premiership, it is the Premier League.

Get it right and stop living in the past.

When you watch a live game and commentator comes out with the comment "He's not that sort of player", just after a player has committed a bad foul.

Good call from sween re the shrinking chocolate bars. When Wagon Wheels came out they were the size of manhole lids. The last time I saw one it was about the same size as one of the buttons on my overcoat.

On a similar confectionery theme... the irritating and pointless change from "Marathon" to "Snickers", "Dime" bars switching to "Daim" bars and "Opal Fruits" becoming "Starburst".

WHY????

A football one that REALLY winds me up...when a commentator remarks "if that had been later in the game he'd have got a red card"

Pardon? At what point during the 90 minutes do the rules of football change??

If it's a red card it's a RED CARD whether you're one minute or eighty nine minutes into the match!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)