+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why are Labour celebrating?

What the media.....! ! !

Once the "attack" coverage dies down the "media" will get their teeth into Labour in order to drag them down a knock or two.

The fact that the have to state the obvious calamities of the Tories and Theresa May....is testament to how bad they ACTUALLY are......we are only getting a mildly castigated government where they deserve a much deeper grilling of how they are DESTROYING ...

EDUCATION

NHS

UK SECURITY

BORDER CONTROLS

THE ECONOMY....

All far worse than they should be BECAUSE OF THE TORIES...

Just watch the subtle way they work PROPAGANDA ALERT !

ragingpup, an insightful and measured contribution which I enjoyed reading. I am afraid that Ellis is losing my confidence. I am genuinely surprised at how many people on here are so enthusiastic in their support of the Tories. As real Tories would only employ most of them as cleaners on the minimum wage I am nonplussed. But then the English have always been a subservient mob, massively impressed by wealth and posh accents.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj View Post
    What the media.....! ! !

Once the "attack" coverage dies down the "media" will get their teeth into Labour in order to drag them down a knock or two.

The fact that the have to state the obvious calamities of the Tories and Theresa May....is testament to how bad they ACTUALLY are......we are only getting a mildly castigated government where they deserve a much deeper grilling of how they are DESTROYING ...

EDUCATION

NHS

UK SECURITY

BORDER CONTROLS

THE ECONOMY....

All far worse than they should be BECAUSE OF THE TORIES...

Just watch the subtle way they work PROPAGANDA ALERT !
    I think the sun made that obvious

If there's one thing apparent as a result of this election is that the day's of the right wing press influencing voters are set to become a thing of the past .

They've emptied all their bullets to little avail and on line reading is where it is at these days .

Labour require just over 3% swing to form a government with a majority .

Every sound bite I hear from Tories is how they must keep Corbyn out of N0.10 , clearly at any cost to the health of the country .

Their focus on the man and not the ball is leading them down desperate measures territory , nothing thought out and nothing connecting with the electorate , this obsessive behaviour is getting lapped up by Labour and turning into votes .

May must go to keep Corbyn out , to be replaced by an even bigger idiot in Johnson , his £350 million pledge to the NHS during the referendum campaign will not go away in an election debate and campaign , he's a loose cannon and will get eaten alive by Andrew Neil and Corbyn .

This is most definitely a man who won't win any votes out there and under pressure but his ego will not allow him to hide like May did .

I said the other day on here that Corbyn's taken the party as far as he can , today I'm not so sure , the way things are panning out he could win the next election with a majority just by sticking to his guns and the tories signing the longest suicide note in history , Johnson .

Well, labour are now already 6% ahead of the tories according to survation -the pollsters whose prediction was closest in the election.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well, labour are now already 6% ahead of the tories according to survation -the pollsters whose prediction was closest in the election.
    150k new members signed up over the last 3 days I'm hearing tonight too .

Propping up the tory government , how low can you go .

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-into-question

The reason why Labour are celebrating is that although they lost, they did far better than expected and in a period of 7 weeks they have gone from expected decimation to a hairs breadth from power. If the tories daliance with DUP doesn't work (and given the fact there are dozens of tory MP's who cant stomach it, I expect it won't) then Labour won't have to do much to gain power at an election in 6-12 months. look at the list below, a tiny swing gives Labour power.

The 30 Tory seats with the slimmest majorities

1. Southampton Itchen (31 majority, Labour second)
    2. Richmond Park (45 majority, Lib Dems second)
    3. Stirling (148 majority, SNP second)
    4. St Ives (312 majority, Lib Dems second)
    5. Pudsey (331 majority, Labour second)
    6. Hastings & Rye (346 majority, Labour second)
    7. Chipping Barnet (353 majority, Labour second)
    8. Thurrock (345 majority, Labour second)
    9. Preseli Pembrokeshire (314 majority, Labour second)
    10. Calder Valley (609 majority, Labour second)
    11. Norwich North (507 majority, Labour second)
    12. Broxtowe (865 majority, Labour second)
    13. Stoke-on-Trent South (663 majority, Labour second)
    14. Telford (720 majority, Labour second)
    15. Bolton West (936 majority, Labour second)
    16. Aberconwy (635 majority, Labour second)
    17. Northampton North (807 majority, Labour second)
    18. Hendon (1,072 majority, Labour second)
    19. Mansfield (1,057 majority, Labour second)
    20. Middlesbrough South & Cleveland East (1,020 majority, Labour second)
    21. Milton Keynes South (1,725 majority, Labour second)
    22. Northampton South (1,159 majority, Labour second)
    23. Pendle (1,279 majority, Labour second)
    24. Milton Keynes North (1,915 majority, Labour second)
    25. Morecambe & Lunesdale (1,399 majority, Labour second)
    26. Finchley & Golders Green (1,657 majority, Labour second)
    27. Camborne & Redruth (1,577 majority, Labour second)
    28. Putney (1,554 majority, Labour second)
    29. Harrow East (1,757 majority, Labour second)
    30. Watford (2,092 majority, Labour second)

To put it into perspective. Corbyn has been that disliked by the UK public even when he got a great result he still only matched what brown achieved in 2010.
    Hands up who voted brown😀

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    To put it into perspective. Corbyn has been that disliked by the UK public even when he got a great result he still only matched what brown achieved in 2010.
    Hands up who voted brown😀

Yes, attractive manifesto but headed up by a disliked leader.

Labour blew it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast