+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: o/t Does anyone seriously believe Corbyn is an anti-semite?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    He had better hurry up then.
    My guess is JC won't be leader of the Labour Party after the end of March 2019.
    All dependent on when the Tories call an election after Brexit, he could go before March. ( hopefully )
    Unfortunately when JC steps down he will nominate another far left candidate.
    Fair points Casp. Who would you like to see come in that would move away from the current 'left wing' leaders, but hopefully not return to the centre left type candidates/policies that led us to heavy defeat in the 2010/15 elections?

Maybe keep the popular manifesto of the last election but with a more palatable leader on the same policies? But who would you /should we go for? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Fair points Casp. Who would you like to see come in that would move away from the current 'left wing' leaders, but hopefully not return to the centre left type candidates/policies that led us to heavy defeat in the 2010/15 elections?

Maybe keep the popular manifesto of the last election but with a more palatable leader on the same policies? But who would you /should we go for? Anyone?
    To tell the truth pup I have no idea who can unite the party. Present one is far too left for my liking, I'm Centre Labour, a moderate that often leans ever so slightly left depending what's on offer. I'm quite capable of seeing two sides to every debate.
    Do like Kier Starmer although I reckon the next leader could well be a woman.

Meanwhile in fawlty towers hand wringing May or May not get a Brexit deal is presiding over one of the most mediocre Tory Governments I can remember, with very little opposition to give them a good ' kicking '
    Labour Party need to look more to Public / Private ownership rather than wholesale Privatisation.

EDIT : Tony Blair 97 to around 2003 got it right, unfortunately he went too far right for my liking, he did however unite the Party for a short period of time.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 15-09-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Both main parties seem in complete disarray. There's very little identity of interest between the Metropolitan Labour activists and traditional Labour voters in the north and midlands but the former and their allied have a grip on the party machine. Logically both Tories and Labour should split but will they?
    Do you think that the centre left of the party, pushing hard for remain have more in common with what you call traditional Labour voters oop North?? Surely if the 'Blair-ites won over, Labour would immediately campaign for a 2nd referendum wouldn't they? Would that win the traditional voters do you think? Can Labour win with them do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

How about Diane Abbott? I'm almost tempted to pay my three quid so as to be able to vote for her. Why should all the Tories who joined to vote for he-who-must-not-be-named have all the fun.

Keir Starmer is a sound bloke and one of the most intensely intelligent people that I have met, but I can't see him appealing to the class warrior wing of the party.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    How about Diane Abbott? I'm almost tempted to pay my three quid so as to be able to vote for her. Why should all the Tories who joined to vote for he-who-must-not-be-named have all the fun.

Keir Starmer is a sound bloke and one of the most intensely intelligent people that I have met, but I can't see him appealing to the class warrior wing of the party.
    Keep up Kerr. The 3quid subs ended after 1 year. All members have been paying full whack for years.

Personally no probs with Starmer if he fronts the last manifesto. Neither would labour members I know (it might shock you to know that we're not all class warriors, the trots are a huge minority, and a pain in the ass) But would you be tempted to vote for Starmer of he was elected and ran with the same manifesto? Or if you think he'd change the manifesto, what do you think he'd change from what you know of him?

But can you see him and where he'd take the party appealing to the disaffected Northern voters that Monty identified?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

I'd vote for him if he ever went up against Corbyn and within my circle many others would too .

That's not to say Corbyn is a bad leader , he isn't 10 out of 10 by any means but he's returned the party to it's proper roots and shown the way .

Someone like Starmer now needs to push that on and I feel he appeals far more to the middle ground than Corbyn does .

Corbyn may historically prove to be the Kinnock that led to Blair obviously coming from a different angle .

When Starmer gets up in the house on the subject of Brexit he eats the tories alive without even breaking sweat .

Immensely talented and intelligent man and we'd win the next election with Starmer as leader with a huge majority .

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011