+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    He was a bit nesh to be honest.

Some folks are wanting Icky to be beheaded for the tackle on Forestieri but not one of them is arguing about the way he tried to get Mattock booked for the first run in which was nothing and then the second when he did get Mattock booked for next to nowt.

The scissor tackle on Vaulks could have been worse and Vaulks could have easily have got him sent off for that and be assured that if it was the other way round Vaulks would have walked.

Moanng about Forestieri being sent off and comparing it to the tackle by Icky is just stupid.

Inverted feature Bruce wanted Icki red carded and then said that the fans stopped Foresetieri coming back on the pitch. If you look at their first goal and see how long the game had to be held up for the little get to get into position and that arguement flies out of the window.

The differences in the teams yesterday was that we were the better team and they scraped a point! For them to scratch about looking for moral victories throughout the match is desperate.

I would add that Bruce won't be there by the end of next season! He'll walk! He has too big a job to do and he's out dated!
    That was the problem Froggy, they went down with a bullet, we just got on with it, Ajayi should have gone down in box when keeper punched him like they would have but I honestly don’t think the Ref would have gave a pen to us anyway

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    11,758 according to Wiki
    BBC reckon not

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46244062

But to be honest the BBC is expert on fake news and dodgy facts

Record Attendance 11,758 (Rotherham v Sheffield Utd (2013))

United's home attendance is now generally higher than Wednesday's

Though the piggies reckon otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    That was the problem Froggy, they went down with a bullet, we just got on with it, Ajayi should have gone down in box when keeper punched him like they would have but I honestly don’t think the Ref would have gave a pen to us anyway
    I'm glad someone else noticed their keeper clattering Ajayi after he had headed the ball in the area miller top. I was down near the away end and looked a complete t**t as I was the only one screaming for a penalty. And you are spot on about them going down like the proverbial ton of bricks if that had happened in our box.

After the dust settles, saturday’s game will enter the list of games ‘I was there when...”

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I'm glad someone else noticed their keeper clattering Ajayi after he had headed the ball in the area miller top. I was down near the away end and looked a complete t**t as I was the only one screaming for a penalty. And you are spot on about them going down like the proverbial ton of bricks if that had happened in our box.
    I think we’ve all made ourselves look a t**t at times Ronners

Forestieri love-in on Radio DeeDah phone-in tonight and that's from the presenters more than the Fowls fans ...
    and guess what - according to Keith Hackett, Ihiekwe should have been sent off, but Forestieri shouldn't - who would have predicted that ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Forestieri love-in on Radio DeeDah phone-in tonight and that's from the presenters more than the Fowls fans ...
    and guess what - according to Keith Hackett, Ihiekwe should have been sent off, but Forestieri shouldn't - who would have predicted that ?
    in real time I wouldn’t have argued if Ref did send him off, slow motion then no but we would have been same wouldn’t we?
    But why I get so irate is the small/big club syndrome that seems to be here.
    Apparently there was only one incident in that game, obviously the two footed challenge by the so called victim clearly didn’t happen 😡

That’s the first time I’ve seen Warney walk off without shaking the hands of officials and opposition players
    Last edited by millertop; 18-02-2019 at 06:40 PM.

In their biased minds they don’t see the bigger picture. When Forestieri did his ridiculous celebration the crowd surged forward. Anybody small (like a child) or infirm could have been seriously injured in the crush. Then of course it would have been the clubs fault for not having a safe environment.

It’s not as though it was a weird one off decision by the ref, the rule about running toward the crowd has been in place for years, but thicko Forestieri is too dim to know that.

Once a knob always a knob

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast