+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threeed - Sporting Covid v AFC

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Never looked like winning but decent effort. If we had had a striker it might have caused them more problems. Hedges was our best but they all put in a shift, McCrorie much better in the midfield.
    MY first PPV and really good quality stream but I would prefer a more biased commentary team. If Consi hadn't been playing then he would have been good.
    More biased? Christ. I noticed Willie Miller on bbc text after about 15 minutes saying such a poor start by us...meanwhile over on Red TV (already a goal down remember) theyre gushing about what a great start it had been. Cannae be both, and I know what I was watching. Another poster mentioned the ingrained inferiority complex. Exactly right, and it extends over to the in-house channel as well. Before the game it was all about how great they were, 30th in the rankings, we're only 170th, blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Was he happy when he was applauding though.......
    I thought most of team put a **** load of effort in against a good side, I applauded them for that. I am totally ****ed off with McInnes and his pish tactics.

How he continues as AFC manager is beyond me.

The Anchor Man plays Watkins because he can hold the ball up and pass decently....me personally, I think all our players should be capable of that. The guy does not bring a goal threat whatsoever and this team needs a striker who can find the net in difficult matches or we are never getting a sneaky win. Feed Sam Cosgrove some chemically enhanced carrots and he should be galloping around the pitch soon enough as he is our main goal threat striker.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Are you taking the Michael fish ?
    He’s nae scored a senior goal yet
    He’s a jinx. Three times he has played for us and that is three defeats. Send him back to Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The Anchor Man plays Watkins because he can hold the ball up and pass decently....me personally, I think all our players should be capable of that. The guy does not bring a goal threat whatsoever and this team needs a striker who can find the net in difficult matches or we are never getting a sneaky win. Feed Sam Cosgrove some chemically enhanced carrots and he should be galloping around the pitch soon enough as he is our main goal threat striker.
    Once Sam Cosgrove is back in the team you will be moaning about how pish the hoof ball is

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Once Sam Cosgrove is back in the team you will be moaning about how pish the hoof ball is
    Maybe Main is the answer... (never thought I’d ever say that) - he holds the ball and links the play better than Cosgrove and has scored a few unlike Watkins and big Ed

The tactics and team line up were perfect for an away match in a two legged tie, as was the performance. But this wasn’t two legged it was a one off tie. After they scored early on, I feared that we were in for a hammering. I think McInnes felt the same way. I’m disappointed and baffled as to why he waited so long to make any changes. Wright should have on at half time. The whole team should have defended 10 to 20 yards further up the pitch in the second half. Very frustrating to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe Main is the answer... (never thought I’d ever say that) - he holds the ball and links the play better than Cosgrove and has scored a few unlike Watkins and big Ed
    He would be a better option than Cosgrove because he can actually hold the ball up.

If Cosgrove was playing in the team Hedges and Wright would be playing so deep we would be playing a 5-4-1 formation.

The one thing I would say about this new system we are playing is that I can’t seem to recall Hayes or Kennedy putting a decent cross into the box.

Maybe that’s down to the both of them having to track back so much or that a lot of our play is coming more central from Wright and Hedges.

Either way if we aren’t putting crosses into the box it doesn’t matter who plays up front because they won’t score that much.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He would be a better option than Cosgrove because he can actually hold the ball up.

If Cosgrove was playing in the team Hedges and Wright would be playing so deep we would be playing a 5-4-1 formation.

The one thing I would say about this new system we are playing is that I can’t seem to recall Hayes or Kennedy putting a decent cross into the box.

Maybe that’s down to the both of them having to track back so much or that a lot of our play is coming more central from Wright and Hedges.

Either way if we aren’t putting crosses into the box it doesn’t matter who plays up front because they won’t score that much.
    I think it's early days but they are tracking back a lot as that's the preferred McInnes system. McGinn never got credit for the work he used to do defensively.

Hedges and Wright I'm not sure are that good and Cosgrove is a good striker ruined by having the ball launched up to him. Rooney had the same issues. Watkins is pretty good at exactly what McInnes wants.

Doesn’t help when McInnes just talks Lisbon up the whole time despite us winning a European trophy more recently than them, and for the last 3 seasons they’ve been a Europa league outfit (even with Bruno!) that made the knockouts but never much further. Very much just a Portuguese Rangers!
    A team with a Covid outbreak albeit only 3 starters but total disruption and this was their first game of the season. Probably never get a better chance to take a European “scalp” but our manager ****s the bed, sees green and white on the shirts and goes defensive as that has been proven to work so many times!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast