+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Amanda kopel

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I agree and I would take it a stage further.
    When I left Downfield GC in December 2005 my handicap was 6.6 and when I stopped playing golf on Machrie Golf Course on Islay in February 2011 it had increased to 10.6.
    Machrie Golf Course was far more difficult to play than Downfield Golf Course as there is no shelter on the golf course with the winds blowing off the Atlantic Ocean with the next stop being America.
    It also did not help matters that the course had 13 blind holes and it was rumoured locally that Machrie Golf Course had been designed by Stevie Wonder.
    6.6 better than the Noah has ever been. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Golf doesn’t work like that.

Holes in one are more luck than skill that’s why they are rare.
    I do not like to boast about my golf but I have had five holes in one including my first hole in one at the 17th hole on Downfield GC when I was 12 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    6.6 better than the Noah has ever been. ��
    My lowest handicap was 4.9 which for a short time made me a Category 1 golfer.
    Incidentally it was easier to play to your handicap on Downfield golf course from the back tees ( White tees) than the Yellow tees as there were three par fours from the Yellow tees which were par 5’s from the White tees. The 7th, 11th and 13th holes.

Downfields only open 7 months of the year and winter greens in may.....it's ****e
    Downfield is a late course due to its height above sea level. I have seen the greens in a better condition in November than the beginning of May.
    It used to get a lot of snow in the winter months which lay there for a long time due to the trees blocking out the sun.

Downfield is worse than calmac ferries, dreadful snooty place to boot. 😄 they are very much old school as they found out when their main men got pumped over the water.
    I agree that Downfield is not a friendly club mainly because they have few drawn stroke play competitions. Most members want to play every Saturday and Sunday with their friends.
    I have seen deaths in the Courier which stated that the deceased was a member of Downfield Golf Club and despite me being a member for 39 years I did not have a clue who they were.

Downfields only open 7 months of the year and winter greens in may.....it's ****e
    A common misconception.

Downfield is worse than calmac ferries, dreadful snooty place to boot.  they are very much old school as they found out when their main men got pumped over the water.

Snooty?

.....180s luck, 147s luck, unbeaten league seasons luck.

Was it some **** called jack or Lee who said the more they practice the luckier they get?

Holes in one are more luck than judgement.

Any decent golfer knows that.

6.6 better than the Noah has ever been. 
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post

I have seen deaths in the Courier which stated that the deceased was a member of Downfield Golf Club and despite me being a member for 39 years I did not have a clue who they were.
    How does that mean it’s not a friendly club?

They might only play at times you didn’t.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)