+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 110 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1719

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Has anyone heard any comments at all from Tommy Wright regarding the Utd job? There have been mentions from others that he couldn't work under the current structure, but I've yet to see a single quote from him even saying "there would be no harm in having an informal chat with united" (and even Levine chucked that one in)

If he hasn't even been approached yet, considering the amount of names mentioned and folk already spoken to, I think he will have the two fingers well at the ready.

I would like to think someone at the club mentioned to him that if he didn't get the Irish job he would be welcome to pop in for a discussion about things.

For me it would be him or McKay (problems there I know) but REALLY don't want a newbie this season.
    My feelings exactly. It's pretty apparent now that Wright isn't anywhere near the top of our list and he'll know this.

I've just got a feeling that my bet will be up by weekend. If it was going to be Mackay then it would be almost done one way or the other by now. If it was Wright we would have at least interviewed him by now. I think this Mellon fella is the easier option for us after having been turned down by McClaren, and if we have made an approach then it could move swiftly. Or I could just be spouting ****e cos I hardly ever win a ****ing bean! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I've just got a feeling that my bet will be up by weekend. If it was going to be Mackay then it would be almost done one way or the other by now. If it was Wright we would have at least interviewed him by now. I think this Mellon fella is the easier option for us after having been turned down by McClaren, and if we have made an approach then it could move swiftly. Or I could just be spouting ****e cos I hardly ever win a ****ing bean! 😂
    You've still not got me the price for "Agent Mac" he must be creeping up that list by now... it's not too late to have a wager on him🙈

He's the interesting name for me. His record is pretty phenomenal, albeit in the lower leagues of England. Five promotions with three different clubs, including a b2b promotion with Tranmere. Was on course to keep them up this season until voted down. He's no stranger to the Scottish leagues despite never operating in them as he's Paisley born & bred. Has raided the Scottish leagues for players on numerous occasions. 47% win percentage. Plays 4-4-2. Speaks very well, is mega passionate and tells it how it is. I really think he's a manager who would earn the respect of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You've still not got me the price for "Agent Mac" he must be creeping up that list by now... it's not too late to have a wager on him🙈
    What it this Funster bumping his gums about. Agent Mac already done the business with them lot nothing he could do would match that for us so leave him with his feet up smoking cigar just waiting to come on pitch for heroes applause again from us

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    What Dave said! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's the interesting name for me. His record is pretty phenomenal, albeit in the lower leagues of England. Five promotions with three different clubs, including a b2b promotion with Tranmere. Was on course to keep them up this season until voted down. He's no stranger to the Scottish leagues despite never operating in them as he's Paisley born & bred. Has raided the Scottish leagues for players on numerous occasions. 47% win percentage. Plays 4-4-2. Speaks very well, is mega passionate and tells it how it is. I really think he's a manager who would earn the respect of the players.
    Cheers for that, I didn't really know too much about him tbh.

Cheers for that, I didn't really know too much about him tbh.
    Tranmere were third bottom in League One with ten games to go when the leagues were stopped. They were three points off fourth bottom, had a game in hand, but more tellingly, were fourth in the form table so there's a good chance they would've stayed up. I've seen the excuse 'but he's just relegated Tranmere ffs', however it's clearly not as straightforward as that. Bare in mind he got them there after consecutive promotions, that's some feat.

Its got to be said that during my catch up which was a War and peace job you have put up a number of very very good posts.I think the boat has sailed for Malky due to some of our support and i would be happy with Mellon as well.

If as Tony say's that fans are being included in the process can i just point out to the United board that none of the Tynecastle failures are acceptable to me.

Tranmere were third bottom in League One with ten games to go when the leagues were stopped. They were three points off fourth bottom, had a game in hand, but more tellingly, were fourth in the form table so there's a good chance they would've stayed up. I've seen the excuse 'but he's just relegated Tranmere ffs', however it's clearly not as straightforward as that. Bare in mind he got them there after consecutive promotions, that's some feat.
    Yeah, consecutive promotions takes some doing! I'm warming to the idea and not just because it makes me look like a super tipster 😂

Page 110 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)