+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1551

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ex Labour. He's the only one willing to uphold a democratic vote and that'll do for me. It's the Trump effect, we know he's a tw@t but he's our tw@t and if he'd shagged the Russian synchronized swimming team and paid for it with his Gov credit card I would still vote for him. Small price to pay to keep the Trot tramp out of No 10.
    That post sums up what a complete and utter farce Brexit has become. Corruption and morals don't matter in the slightest as long as the person agrees with my Brexit vote. The decision to put a question as hugely complex as this in the hands of the general public has to be not only the most breathtakingly stupid decision in British political history, but possibly in world political history. The rest of Europe must be laughing their tits off at our staggering incompetence, and they are fully justified in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That post sums up what a complete and utter farce Brexit has become. Corruption and morals don't matter in the slightest as long as the person agrees with my Brexit vote. The decision to put a question as hugely complex as this in the hands of the general public has to be not only the most breathtakingly stupid decision in British political history, but possibly in world political history. The rest of Europe must be laughing their tits off at our staggering incompetence, and they are fully justified in doing so.
    Errrr no, the rest of Europe are gobsmacked that one of their biggest benefactors has stuck two fingers up and said "sod you bunch of losers, we´re off"

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Errrr no, the rest of Europe are gobsmacked that one of their biggest benefactors has stuck two fingers up and said "sod you bunch of losers, we´re off"
    My belief is that both sides would be better off if we remain. Through a combination of incompetence (mainly from us) and stubbornness it seems that both sides will end up as losers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    This’ll confuse some of the more patriotic royalists on here;

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/queen-so...inister-638320

No fan of the Royals meself but this bit was nice.

Buckingham Palace said on Sunday that it did not comment on rumours.

''It is understood that while there have been discussions between Downing Street and the Palace about the constitution and the Queen’s role, it would not be the case that the monarch would take it upon herself to dismiss a prime minister or advise him or her to step down''.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    No fan of the Royals meself but this bit was nice.

Buckingham Palace said on Sunday that it did not comment on rumours.

''It is understood that while there have been discussions between Downing Street and the Palace about the constitution and the Queen’s role, it would not be the case that the monarch would take it upon herself to dismiss a prime minister or advise him or her to step down''.
    That would be the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My belief is that both sides would be better off if we remain. Through a combination of incompetence (mainly from us) and stubbornness it seems that both sides will end up as losers.
    Interesting article in the Guardian today about "how to kickstart the declining EU economy"......my summary but here are a few choice quotes
    The new ECB president must encourage governments to take more pro-growth policies.
    A highly regarded doctor assumes the care of a chronically impaired patient who is growing weaker and more vulnerable. (the EU)
    Her challenge will be to avoid a second lost decade of low, insufficiently inclusive eurozone growth.
    There is now little doubt that the European economy is losing momentum. The earlier, overly optimistic prognosis of a sustained growth pickup has finally given way to the grim reality that both structural and cyclical headwinds are bearing down on economic activity. The previous consensus growth forecast of about 2% for 2019 is now converging on around 1%; it could well go even lower.

All of this from an avidly "remain" newspaper.

I genuinely cannot understand why anyone as intelligent as you Elite, could possibly want to remain part of a failing "trading club"? What are the remainers frightened of about leaving, having to learn how to run their own country again?
    We did fine for 1000 years after the Romans left, and went on to become arguably the greatest World Superpower between Elizabeth the First and Queen Victoria, 350 years? It was only the two World Wars which weakened us to the point that the USA became Grand Poobah.

I posted official Price-Waterhouse GDP predictions last week showing that UK growth will be fine, post-Brexit, unlike several countries that "remain" in the EU and fall down the World rankings.....I would prefer to believe PWC rather than some of the armchair mystic megs of doom-n-gloom on here!

here is the full Guardian article entitled Christine Lagarde must jump-start change in Europe's economy

https://www.theguardian.com/business...op-economy-ecb

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I genuinely cannot understand why anyone as intelligent as you Elite, could possibly want to remain part of a failing "trading club"?
    I don't have any great confidence in the EU, it's just that I have more confidence in the EU than I have in Boris Johnson and his party.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I dont like that hes being singled out,we all know they're corrupt the lot of em, from employing family members,building moats,fiddling expenses to lying to our faces they're a rotten bunch
    picking on just Boris always seems like angling to further the leave agenda and it just makes peeople who support him want to back him even more, as a tactic it is backfiring and as i've said before us Brits do love a battered and bruised underdog.
    Don't judge everybody by your own low standards, Bridlington.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Don't judge everybody by your own low standards, Bridlington.
    You mean 17.4 million people ?

The UK has produced some proposals for the Irish border. Suffice to say, they’re a load of sh!t;

BREAKING: the UK has proposed a string of "customs clearance centres" on both sides of the Irish border as a key part of its plan to replace the backstop, RTE News understands. The "centres", effectively customs posts, would be located between 5-10 miles "back" from the border.

This problem won’t be sorted out by optimism or the will of the people.

Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast