+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 111 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Yes, we seem to pretty much unanimously agree that Ardley isn't getting this group of players playing better than the sum of their parts, but I'm not at all convinced that Ardley is even getting them to play to the sum of their parts.

We have had a constant stream of signings from one or two divisions higher, with some up and coming youngsters, but we rarely dominate anyone and in all his time here I can't remember us stringing more than two or three good performances together.

Effiong is built for this division and scored something like 17 goals in a crap team last year. In his first interview he said that there was a lot to learn about Ardley's system but he was eager and willing to do what the manager asked. Now he's a joke figure who can hardly control the ball.

Elisha Sam is big, quick, skilful and has a cracking shot on him, but months after we signed him we still don't know where to play him.

We score way more goals with Knowles on the pitch than without him, but rarely start with him.

Enzio is being transformed into a defensive wide midfielder.

We all know what a good lower division central midfield looks like (Bishop and Ravenhill) and how many games that kind of mobility and aggression will win you, but we choose Doyle and Reeves every game when fit.

I've been saying for a while that this season would be like a Munto season. Remember when we were hovering around 5th in L2 with no consistency, and people started saying the players weren't good enough? Then a new manager came in with proper motivational skills and a simple but effective game plan everyone could buy into, and it turned out they were actually very good indeed.

I'm sure that's exactly where we are now, only I've resigned myself to the fact that there will be no change.
    This. Let's see if we can scrape over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    This. Let's see if we can scrape over the line.
    Great if we can, but then what? If Driller's assessment is correct then we'll be in danger of coming straight back down. NA will be on a new contract if we pull off a (currently unlikely-looking) play-off success.

If and it's a big IF Ardley got us promoted he should be given a one year extension to prove he can comfortably keep us in that division for that first season.

If we look in trouble we act early and quickly and replace him with only a part season pay off required.

Right now I would love to have that issue and decision to make with us struggling a little in L2 around the new year

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If and it's a big IF Ardley got us promoted he should be given a one year extension to prove he can comfortably keep us in that division for that first season.

If we look in trouble we act early and quickly and replace him with only a part season pay off required.

Right now I would love to have that issue and decision to make with us struggling a little in L2 around the new year
    If Ardley gets us up there’s a very good chance someone else will come in for him. It would be interesting to see if he would go. I do feel for the guy a bit, living on his own all week in a flat, yes he’s well paid but must be tough having no one to bounce off especially being a football manager.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If Ardley gets us up there’s a very good chance someone else will come in for him. It would be interesting to see if he would go. I do feel for the guy a bit, living on his own all week in a flat, yes he’s well paid but must be tough having no one to bounce off especially being a football manager.
    Reluctantly, I'd let him follow his dream.

Someone could come in for him? pmsl at that one

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Someone could come in for him? pmsl at that one
    Well he would have 2 promotions on his CV, stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    Great if we can, but then what? If Driller's assessment is correct then we'll be in danger of coming straight back down. NA will be on a new contract if we pull off a (currently unlikely-looking) play-off success.
    If he gets us up then fair enough, he deserves a crack at league 2 but as soon as we looked like we might get into trouble I'd say thank you for your work but don't think you can take us any further and goodbye. I will always respect Ardley for last season as the close season was a mess and we ended up in a playoff final so it would be no ill will from me and good luck for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Reluctantly, I'd let him follow his dream.
    Me too. Who are we to stand in his way?

If Ardley gets us up there’s a very good chance someone else will come in for him. It would be interesting to see if he would go. .
    That's a bold statement Matt. I hope you're right but I can't see it happening unless it was a NL club, but would he take a 5th tier promotion struggle on again if he was already under contract or likely to get a year extension in L2? It would have to be somebody like Wrexham who could offer him decent money. Longer term he may well end up managing another team at this level but quitting a promoted Notts for a 5th tier club seems unlikely. A 4th tier club being interested after he oversaw a relegation last time around seems a bit far fetched unless he was already out of work and desperate.

If he'd done what he did at Wimbledon with another club, his achievement there would carry much more weight, but he just looks like another manager who rode the good feeling that long serving and popualr ex-players can enjoy and he's not going to get that anywhere else. he's certainly not getting that here and if other clubs do their homework I can't see there being much of a queue, if one at all, for his services.

Page 111 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast