+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 112 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

November 8 - 2020.....a wedding took place in Brooklyn NY.

with....7000 attendees.

6999 men and 1 woman lol.

Today the UK has 43rd highest number of cases in the world at 22027 per million population
    Belgium has double that in 5th whilst Andorra is top with nearly 4 times that.

We are however 8th highest in deaths with 808 per M Belgium is top with over 1300.italy Spain and Argentina are worse than us.

Now it is proved beyond doubt influenza and pneumonia deaths are attributable to corona virus infection with the sole aim of putting the fear of God into Global Citizens, I really cannot take this sh!t seriously anymore.

Vaccination anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Now it is proved beyond doubt influenza and pneumonia deaths are attributable to corona virus infection with the sole aim of putting the fear of God into Global Citizens, I really cannot take this sh!t seriously anymore.

Vaccination anyone?
    I’m with you on this one BT you can’t believe any of it the longer it goes , we know it exists the virus that is and we know what it can do , however there is an underlying issue in everything they say and people now know that something isn’t right

The worrying bit is - what is it they’re hiding ?

Worrying times.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m with you on this one BT you can’t believe any of it the longer it goes , we know it exists the virus that is and we know what it can do , however there is an underlying issue in everything they say and people now know that something isn’t right

Worrying times.
    BT did not Read post 100 on this thread or chose to ignore it

https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...267913&page=10

My response to his Facebook science

More Bollox I’m afraid see Fullfact https://fullfact.org/online/flu-pneumonia-deaths-wrong/

A widely shared post on Facebook claims to show official government statistics for deaths caused by flu and pneumonia in England and Wales. It claims that these deaths dropped sharply this year, and appears to suggest they have been replaced by or re-classified as coronavirus deaths.

However, there are a number of inaccuracies in the post. Its conclusion—that 37,000 deaths from flu and pneumonia have “disappeared” this year—is also wrong.

The PHE data shows that over the five years from 2014/15 to 2018/19, the number of deaths associated with flu in England has ranged from 3,966 to 28,330, averaging 15,360.

By comparison there were 7,990 deaths associated with flu in 2019/20 to the start of March 2020. As the flu season runs until May, and this is the period covered by the statistics from other years, it is possible that the 2019/20 figures will be in line with the average. In any case they are not “20,000 fewer” as claimed.

If we want to use the ONS figures, we know there were 394 flu deaths registered on death certificates between January and August this year in England and Wales. Official data shows this is considerably less than in 2019 (1,213 deaths) and 2018 (1,596 deaths), but it is higher than in 2014 (118 deaths) and 2015 (282 deaths).

First guess is control!
    In the earliest moments, long before organised religions came into firm, cunning intellectuals scoured the landscape for how they could get power and status. They quickly found that they could rule over the group and secure food and shelter by inventing tall tales about the supernatural, scaring and threatening their clan members. Terror struck in the hearts of those nature worshippers due to the menacing tales of those intellectuals. This carried on for ages, all through that prehistoric era and into the inception of the earliest forms of religion.

Behind all this, the operative factor is the fear psychology: That God is very dangerous and if you will not sacrifice to feed those gods and goddesses, then they will take revenge etc etc. Each and every religion has this type of fear psychosis in their dogmatic beliefs. Preachers of religion always inject this negative idea in the minds of their followers that, "If you do not follow these religious pursuits and sacrificial rituals, then the God(s) will be very unhappy and they will destroy everything." Or, by seeing the spread of an epidemic they started thinking that God is furious, and He is going to destroy us, we should offer Him something.

Here the whole point is that the religions control their followers with fear - fear of God. But that fear will be impotent and fail to produce the desired effect if it is not associated with harsh punishment. Without the threat of punishment, the common people will not be afraid. A strong dose of fear is needed in order to impose those illogical religious doctrines. In this way, people became God-fearing.

Oxford vaccine offers 70% protection - is that really a triumph? I fear not many would go for that even if it is a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post

First guess is control!
    In the earliest moments, long before organised religions came into firm, cunning intellectuals scoured the landscape for how they could get power and status. They quickly found that they could rule over the group and secure food and shelter by inventing tall tales about the supernatural, scaring and threatening their clan members. Terror struck in the hearts of those nature worshippers due to the menacing tales of those intellectuals. This carried on for ages, all through that prehistoric era and into the inception of the earliest forms of religion.

Behind all this, the operative factor is the fear psychology: That God is very dangerous and if you will not sacrifice to feed those gods and goddesses, then they will take revenge etc etc. Each and every religion has this type of fear psychosis in their dogmatic beliefs. Preachers of religion always inject this negative idea in the minds of their followers that, "If you do not follow these religious pursuits and sacrificial rituals, then the God(s) will be very unhappy and they will destroy everything." Or, by seeing the spread of an epidemic they started thinking that God is furious, and He is going to destroy us, we should offer Him something.

Here the whole point is that the religions control their followers with fear - fear of God. But that fear will be impotent and fail to produce the desired effect if it is not associated with harsh punishment. Without the threat of punishment, the common people will not be afraid. A strong dose of fear is needed in order to impose those illogical religious doctrines. In this way, people became God-fearing.
    Don’t believe BTs Facebook science read my post 1115 above yours

You should be asking why do so many want to believe that the entire world leadership is conspiring on this?

In Australia only 36 new cases caused Adelaide to be locked down.
    On the other hand Trumps laissez faire attitude on lockdown and the virus has given the country mayhem and a raging epidemic going out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Don’t believe BTs Facebook science read my post 1115 above yours

You should be asking why do so many want to believe that the entire world leadership is conspiring on this?

In Australia only 36 new cases caused Adelaide to be locked down.
    On the other hand Trumps laissez faire attitude on lockdown and the virus has given the country mayhem and a raging epidemic going out of control.
    Like is said before Oc I / we know something is there but it really doesn’t add up , the last so called spike was caused by the government sending schools and universities back , kids carrying the virus and bringing it home to spread like wildfire. ( I appreciate the education dilemma ).

And yet even now after the results supposedly went through the roof we continue fuelling the virus the same way.

Logic tells us there are more cases because we’re testing people ten fold , and yet even this week at my wife’s work a lady who d been tested received results without actually submitting the test.

The government / is hiding something and to me we look like we’re being forced to be a communist state, where we have no say no thoughts outside what we’re told.

The old adage says if you tell people the same thing enough times they start to believe as it becomes the norm, I’m not a conspiracy theory man but I do think that something doesn’t sit right with this situation and the longer it goes on the more I think people will just believe what they’re told.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Like is said before Oc I / we know something is there but it really doesn’t add up , the last so called spike was caused by the government sending schools and universities back , kids carrying the virus and bringing it home to spread like wildfire. ( I appreciate the education dilemma ).

And yet even now after the results supposedly went through the roof we continue fuelling the virus the same way.

Logic tells us there are more cases because we’re testing people ten fold , and yet even this week at my wife’s work a lady who d been tested received results without actually submitting the test.

The government / is hiding something and to me we look like we’re being forced to be a communist state, where we have no say no thoughts outside what we’re told.

The old adage says if you tell people the same thing enough times they start to believe as it becomes the norm, I’m not a conspiracy theory man but I do think that something doesn’t sit right with this situation and the longer it goes on the more I think people will just believe what they’re told.
    Hi army
    Sorry this is long!
    Public Health experts have been planning for a pandemic since 2000 when I was in the NHS and public health. They got excited about a few they thought would come here like SARS and Ebola, but this is the first time they have had a chance to put their plans into action.
    What you see are reactions to PHE taking control led by WHO. That’s why most countries are following the same strategy. The politicians worldwide have largely been dictated to and have tried to bring in some balance for the economy and public. It doesn’t help there are various university PH factions within SAGE. Someone once said put me in a room with 3 doctors and I’ll get 6 opinions. Lol
    Some PHE models have predicted lots more deaths and infections than we have got, notably Ferguson who frightened Boris off the planned Strategy of herd immunity.

Figures are lower now as practising doctors have gone off piste and tried new things some of which seem to work, like not putting people on Ventilators but increasing oxygen, lying people face down to make breathing easier and finding new treatments like steroids. Infections in younger people are increasing after schools and universities reopened but few are dying or getting serious infections. Increased testing puts cases up but it’s deaths that matter. That’s for oldies like me and care homes.

Look at the US where Trump knew better then public health and now things are going rampant, Sweden and Czech Republic were praised for their actions but they are now caught up in second waves so their figures are nearly like ours.

There are groups who like to create unrest at any opportunity with fake news like Russia and Trump. Just be sceptical and ask who is saying this and why and what independent evidence do they have for what they say.

The facts are that countries who have avoided the infection like Australia have done so by strong action locking down states and borders and so far have avoided it. China took strong action with 3 months lockdowns and has largely got rid of it. Of course that means they could still be open to the virus if it gets in.

Believe in conspiracy if you like but ask who is possible coordinating a world wide one and why. The English Government wants to get life and business back to normal not lock folk down. Not sure about Nicola she’s on a power grab and using the virus to speak to us every day with slight variants of what Boris is up to moan about Westminster.

Page 112 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)