+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 112 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2426

Thread: Ex-Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No weegie has ever said byrawaybut. This is the teuchter equivalent of that Policeman in ‘Allo ‘Allo

If it wasn’t for Central Belt/ Weegie supporters, AFC would be roughly the size of St. Johnstone

If it wasn’t for Central Belt/ Weegie players, AFC would have won roughly the same as St. Johnstone
    Well said fwend

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Should be a reasonable guide to how good he is
    Maybe ? Has he been signed as a back up keeper , or first choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No weegie has ever said byrawaybut. This is the teuchter equivalent of that Policeman in ‘Allo ‘Allo

If it wasn’t for Central Belt/ Weegie supporters, AFC would be roughly the size of St. Johnstone

If it wasn’t for Central Belt/ Weegie players, AFC would have won roughly the same as St. Johnstone
    Paragraph 1 - part agree - they do say “by the way” at the end of sentences.
    Paragraph 2 - Absolute pish. We average about 14,500 for home games... you reckon 10,000 are weegies? Don’t talk Sh1te
    Paragraph 3 - agree 100%

I admit that I’m never quite sure what weegies are saying, given that most sounds come through their nose.
    I’m sure they say “byraway” though and they definitely add “but” to the end of things.

describing his time as a serving officer in the British Army, when invited to a regimental dinner. He described his immediate superior ignoring him all evening, except for once saying “I have f’ucked women of every nationality and most animals, but the one thing I cannot abide is a girl with a Glasgow accent. Pass the port.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Which wonderful book is this quote from?

A pint in my local for the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    describing his time as a serving officer in the British Army, when invited to a regimental dinner. He described his immediate superior ignoring him all evening, except for once saying “I have f’ucked women of every nationality and most animals, but the one thing I cannot abide is a girl with a Glasgow accent. Pass the port.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Which wonderful book is this quote from?

A pint in my local for the winner.
    The Moons a Balloon by David Niven. Made a lot of it up to make him sound like he wasn't some weirdo middle class Nigel.

Your pint is assured.

Don’t know about the making things up though.
    Great book

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I admit that I’m never quite sure what weegies are saying, given that most sounds come through their nose.
    I’m sure they say “byraway” though and they definitely add “but” to the end of things.
    They do... but not together

What about “byraway big man but”?

The problem here is that most teuchters only really left the village of Aberdeen in the 80s to visit Glasgow, so still have this Rab C Nesbit vision of the place. You’ll probably find that Weegie based dons fans that havent been in Aberdeen since the 80s, are still under the impression it’s a vibrant clean city rolling in cash, rather than the depressing jake ball infested pound shop look it sports today.

I’m happy to offer advice to any traveller wanting dazzled by the bright lights of the uks greatest city.

Page 112 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast