+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Careless Tories!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Giving we are living Brexit, how are we post Brexit?

I'm bemused especially by older posters that there is a view that somehow in the past it was so different! The only real difference is that the Uk is no longer a major power in the world, accepting that and recognising that whilst we still have considerable "soft" power would go a long way to getting real about the issues that confront us.

This *******s about war mongering is strange, true Blair clung onto the coat tails of the USA in Iraq and Afghanistan, but then we no longer have the capability to do these things on our own, remember Eden and Suez, another disastrous military operation which ended badly for the UK?

With the exception of WW2 and possibly the Korean War, most military conflicts in history that the UK has had a hand in can be viewed as dubious. yes I do include the Falkland's conflict in that, it was precipitated by the Thatcher government withdrawing military support in that region which led a desperate Galtieri to invade. In reality talks about ceding at least partial control to Argentina had been under way for years and it was highly likely that had the invasion not happened the Falkland's would now be part of Argentina, instead of being a costly outpost of the British Empire which costs tax payers untold millions to protect and own.
    Brexit was the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 31 January 2020. Thus it took place at a moment in time, to whit 31/01/20. Hence we are now post Brexit. Simples...

I don't sé how the rest of your response relates to my post, do I will not compound the confusion by responding further.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Let me help you understand: the last Labour government took us to 2 wars, and the Lib Dems were happy to jump in bed with the Tories to get into power, at the expense of their manifesto. If the Tories are "Careless", it's only fair to assign a similar generalisation to the other main parties. I wouldn't vote for any of the current 3, would rather spoil my paper.
    It's only "pie in the sky" because it's not on offer.
    Still question ‘right wing war mongering’, RS...but is there any point in going back two decades or so?

Surely it’s what is happening now, or in fact since 2016, that should concern us. However critical you may reasonably be of Labour and the Lib Dem’s from pre 2010 it has little relevance to what has happened with the five Tory administrations over the last six and a bit years and that is, imo, what should concern us.

I appreciate ‘it’s not on offer’...I’m arguing that it’s what we need...and as for ‘spoiling’ your paper. What exactly is the point? Where does that get us? If you value democracy you need to vote and while I appreciate that may mean voting for the lesser of two, three or four ‘evils’ then so be it until the system, and hopefully our values, change.

You should vote yes. The younger generation were largely in favour of remaining in 2016 but failed to turn out in the same numbers as the older generation, had they done so there may have been a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Still question ‘right wing war mongering’, RS...but is there any point in going back two decades or so?

Surely it’s what is happening now, or in fact since 2016, that should concern us. However critical you may reasonably be of Labour and the Lib Dem’s from pre 2010 it has little relevance to what has happened with the five Tory administrations over the last six and a bit years and that is, imo, what should concern us.

I appreciate ‘it’s not on offer’...I’m arguing that it’s what we need...and as for ‘spoiling’ your paper. What exactly is the point? Where does that get us? If you value democracy you need to vote and while I appreciate that may mean voting for the lesser of two, three or four ‘evils’ then so be it until the system, and hopefully our values, change.
    How did you vote in the referendum on PR? IMO that was the one chance the country had to find a better way, BUT if it had happened I think we would have experienced a Conservative//UKIP coalition not long after, a case of be careful what you wish for as the means might not deliver the solution

There you go again ..watch out for those ‘pesky foreigners’. Bye.
    If only you knew rA, but after I shared something personal with you that you later described as a ‘sob story’ I think I’ll let you stew in your own ignorant juices. She died by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If only you knew rA, but after I shared something personal with you that you later described as a ‘sob story’ I think I’ll let you stew in your own ignorant juices. She died by the way
    Dear God...you really are beneath contempt aren’t you? You’ll try and use anything...turn anything to your advantage no matter how misleading.
    Unlike you apparently, I keep the content of personal messages private but if you want to go public that’s up to you...just don’t forget, now you’ve chucked our your public ‘bait’, that there are two sides to every story.
    Not at all sure that it’ll do anything to benefit the forum but I’m ‘happy’ to tell my side if that’s the way you want to go. Should you wish to sort it by pm then that too is an option. Your shout...I have absolutely nothing to hide and no ‘juices’ - ignorant or otherwise - to ‘stew in’.

Dear God...you really are beneath contempt aren’t you? You’ll try and use anything...turn anything to your advantage no matter how misleading.
    Unlike you apparently, I keep the content of personal messages private but if you want to go public that’s up to you...just don’t forget, now you’ve chucked our your public ‘bait’, that there are two sides to every story.
    Not at all sure that it’ll do anything to benefit the forum but I’m ‘happy’ to tell my side if that’s the way you want to go. Should you wish to sort it by pm then that too is an option. Your shout...I have absolutely nothing to hide and no ‘juices’ - ignorant or otherwise - to ‘stew in’.
    Thanks but I’d rather get back to discussion. Try answering my earlier question on PR, it’s an innocent enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    good morning everyone, my body clocks ****ed up but I've had a quick scan through.
    Wow, this country really is a mess isn't it?
    Politicians bent/crooked/out of touch/in denial.

From failure to pay tax, to grinding Joe average tradesman into the dirt by pricing him off the road(I give you Khan defended by Lammy)
    The spiteful rhetoric between factions and the unabated invasion of the south coast at the expense of the taxpayer.
    The criminals aiding/abbetting them, from murderers to drug pushers. (oh BTW RA, I think you'll find your missing kids weren't kids in the first place. Pretty much like the piece of scum we took in claiming to be 14, but had already killed 2 in Serbia/drugs in Norway and booted out the country). Apparently they lie about their age?
    Strikes, Unions determined to ruin the country, energy companies raping in the money. Nothing changes.

I have just spent nearly a month in a country so tranquil to all of this bull ****.
    People full of respect(I'll come back to that).
    Prices that in no way reflect this so called global suffering. Fuel, 70p a litre/ meal for 6 BBQ £25 all in.

Travel- no entry card now needed. Your stay VISA free extended for 45 days. Can re new at a cop shop for a fiver 30 days(up to 6 months)
    No seperate passport queues, all treated the same, even with Thai nationals.
    Brought back the fags asked for. £15 for 200? I don't smoke, but I certainly wouldn't be paying £100 here if I did.

Sun shining , 30 deg everyday
    Then back here for this misery of politics/ cost of living/ ****ty human behaviour. Marvellous.

NB, RESPECT.

I stopped off in Pattaya for 2 nights on my way north to Koa Yai national park.
    What a **** hole it has become. Over run with Russians, who now hold the title of rudest, arrogant, poor behaved yobs in the world.
    They have no concept of queuing, treating the locals right (wai) or paying a fair price.
    The British lager lout has a bad rep, but this lot are something else.

Keep away from that and life was calm , relaxed and none of the bitter toxicity the UK spews out everyday.
    Still, I hope everyone is well and folks learn not to let life wind them up so much.
    Thailand is another in my to do list, sounds like you had a good time.

Good time of year to go too? Nothing like some sun in the winter time.

Queuing, seems to be a british and american thing, makes you wonder if those who don't queue think its odd that we do. What happens back in their own countries? Is it a free for all or is it just away from home they dont queue?

My biggest experience of Russian tourists in big numbers was about 15 years ago in egypt. Lots of throuples (is that the word?), 1 guy with 2 women. Dont recall a rudeness as such but they did like their impromptu photo shoots by the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thanks but I’d rather get back to discussion. Try answering my earlier question on PR, it’s an innocent enquiry
    Oh no, AF...I’ll either ignore you, as I originally suggested...or, following your childish attempt to challenge my integrity, I’ll sort it with you...publicly or privately. Your over used tactic of shifting the goalposts won’t work. As everyone on here can see...you brought it up....your choice.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-01-2023 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post

Queuing, seems to be a british and american thing, makes you wonder if those who don't queue think its odd that we do. What happens back in their own countries? Is it a free for all or is it just away from home they dont queue?

My biggest experience of Russian tourists in big numbers was about 15 years ago in egypt. Lots of throuples (is that the word?), 1 guy with 2 women. Dont recall a rudeness as such but they did like their impromptu photo shoots by the pool.
    Not sure about that, Sith. The Germans, Swiss, Spanish, Italians, French and Portuguese don’t seem to have an issue with queuing in my experience. I do know some folk who returned from Dubai just before Christmas though...they loved it but apparently it was rammed with Russians who they described as the rudest, most aggressive and pushy people they’d ever come across.

Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)