+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 and the Media

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You’re probably right about the ‘four or five bitter old men’, Andy. That’s just how you all came across to me and I think you’ve missed my point.
    ‘Casual racism’ is very different from being overtly racist and I think I chose my words more carefully than either you or GP.
    Maybe if you read it back you’ll see that there is a type of ‘them and us’ mentality emerging and a resentment about those BAME groups who are accused, wrongly imo, of gaining attention because they ‘shout loudest’.

If you still don’t agree, we’ll just have to agree to differ.

As for ‘normal’...what you’re actually describing, imo, is ‘decent’. Sadly I’m not sure quite how ‘normal’ it is for people to be ‘reasonable, law abiding, charitable and non-racist’, these days...but I sincerely wish you were right.
    No I don’t agree to agree to differ and my point wasn’t based round BAME ‘shouting loudest’, GP said that - my issue remains with ‘the press’ and ‘broadcast news and current affairs’ and the tactic they clearly have to ‘push agendas’ (BAME is one but not the only one) for reasons I have an opinion on but won’t share here as it isn’t the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No I don’t agree to agree to differ and my point wasn’t based round BAME ‘shouting loudest’, GP said that - my issue remains with ‘the press’ and ‘broadcast news and current affairs’ and the tactic they clearly have to ‘push agendas’ (BAME is one but not the only one) for reasons I have an opinion on but won’t share here as it isn’t the issue at hand.
    Sorry Andy...you quoted GP and then reiterated his question.

I’ve called it as I see it and nothing since has changed my mind. Lots of respect for both you and GP but I think, on this occasion, you were both out of order.

It’s dragged on and I’ve suggested we ‘agree to differ’, but you seem not to like that idea for reasons you don’t want to explain. Can only suggest you PM me and we sort it that way...otherwise not a lot I can do.

Sorry Andy...you quoted GP and then reiterated his question.

I’ve called it as I see it and nothing since has changed my mind. Lots of respect for both you and GP but I think, on this occasion, you were both out of order.

It’s dragged on and I’ve suggested we ‘agree to differ’, but you seem not to like that idea for reasons you don’t want to explain. Can only suggest you PM me and we sort it that way...otherwise not a lot I can do.
    Because I always think discussion is constructive with yourself

Because I always think discussion is constructive with yourself
    Thanks for that...only I’m not entirely sure where that leaves us.

Thanks for that...only I’m not entirely sure where that leaves us.
    It leaves you and I in the same position as we started because I’ve shared a similar Although more specific concern by PM with you before

It leaves you and I in the same position as we started because I’ve shared a similar Although more specific concern by PM with you before
    Bit mystified, Andy...I’ll pm you, but not tonight...knackered.

You want emotion in a news story. Here you go, discuss. I'll say nowt.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...deaths-inquiry

He's like you Tricky still live in a world hen we were Great but was 70 yrs ago For saying how much you keep telling us you travel you definitely don't do with your eyes open if you still think Britain is Great

Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)