+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Couple of points from yesterday that has reinforced my opinion. What a signing Wing has been, super unlucky with the free kick! Surprised how good he actually is, now looks fully up to speed and starting to dictate the midfield with Lindsay (and Wiles yesterday). A priority to try and sign whichever league we are in next season? Sadly I don't think we would get him in league 1.

Woody. Still does it. Our leader in a 3 CB partnership, not carrying him whatsoever, been brilliant for age 35 in the champ. Think we can get another year out of him in either champ or league 1 again? I think we could and would need to.

Like a few of us on the board, have been saying long enough, Woody being lined up
    for defensive coach, with the Millers.
    Keep his players registration on, in case of injuries to other players, but with a set
    number of players being registered to play, it would stop another player getting in
    the squad.
    Whether he keeps playing, could be down to what league we are in next season.

Not sure why some think we cant beat QPR?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    True, that puzzled me also

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    We are not good enough to pick & choose our games.
    A full strength team with the right set up has a chance of a good result. Even that might not get the win. I can say if we play a weakened team v QPR we will lose comfortably. They are no mugs but they are beatable.
    It’s a long summer to rest up and yes I am asking a lot but we need to start off with a win.
    Think of it like this. You are asking us to play 3 games at full pelt in 5 days. Are you telling me on the 5th day we will be able to play with the same strength as the second game? If we had been playing Cov before QPR fair enough we could afford maybe to be a bit knacked then. Also you are forgetting the brum game coming up soon after that is a must win game.

We will see what Warne does but I doubt if he will play a full strength side for 90 mins against QPR. A compromise maybe but not full strength.

In the end there is no way we are going to win the next 3 games.Of course I'd love to be wrong. I will ensure my hats are made out of finest licorice. We have to be selective. Our best hope against QPR is that they are mentally on the beach cos they have nowt to play for. We could beat em with haif a team if that was true.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-04-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Likewise. They seem hit and miss. They're 12th and well and truly midtable, won't get in the playoffs and obviously won't go down. I would expect them to make changes because of this, they might not but I would of thought they would change things up and give some fringe lads a go. That would obviously help

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think of it like this. You are asking us to play 3 games at full pelt in 5 days. Are you telling me on the 5th day we will be able to play with the same strength as the second game? If we had been playing Cov before QPR fair enough we could afford maybe to be a bit knacked then. Also you are forgetting the brum game coming up soon after that is a must win game.

We will see what Warne does but I doubt if he will play a full strength side for 90 mins against QPR. A compromise maybe but not full strength.

In the end there is no way we are going to win the next 3 games.Of course I'd love to be wrong. We have to be selective. Our best hope against QPR is that they are mentally on the beach cos they have nowt to play for. We could beat em with haif a team if that was true.
    Agree. Would be very content with a rotation of the side significantly and to get a point. I'd take that now, creep closer

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    We are not good enough to pick & choose our games.
    A full strength team with the right set up has a chance of a good result. Even that might not get the win. I can say if we play a weakened team v QPR we will lose comfortably. They are no mugs but they are beatable.
    It’s a long summer to rest up and yes I am asking a lot but we need to start off with a win.

In the end there is no way we are going to win the next 3 games.Of course I'd love to be wrong. I am purchsing licorice flavored hats as I type.We have to be selective. Our best hope against QPR is that they are mentally on the beach cos they do have nowt to play for. We could beat em with haif a team if that was true.

Another thought is imagine what stick Warne will get on here if he puts a full strength side out and Smith hobbles off and tree gets sent off and we lose! Are you not bothered we could have a weakened side against Cov?

I would also imagine one or two players are close to a suspension as well if they get another booking.

I respect your opinion Nardendee and see where your coming from. I just think Warney will err on the safe side.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-04-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Well Warne might get stick, but that’s part of the game and what he gets paid for

Full pelt? �� it takes us ten minutes to throw a ball in etc

Warney knows (well I bloody hope he does) who is more than capable, they did have international break

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast