+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Callum Butcher

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What a crock of ****e.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What a crock of ****e.
    What a well thought-out retort! Thank you for the debate

Dundee United’s Calum Butcher could face retrospective punishment as the Scottish FA reviews a potential red card challenge on Celtic’s David Turnbull.

Butcher received a yellow card from referee Don Robertson for the foul during the match at Tannadice on Sunday, which United lost 3-0.

The incident is being reviewed and if three former referees are in agreement that the challenge instead merited a red card, the SFA’s compliance officer will issue the player with a notice of complaint.

That notice of complaint would come with the fixed offer of a ban, or Butcher and United could decide to argue their case at a disciplinary hearing.

Totally deserves to be banned btw once again he let the team down

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Yes he is, he dosnt ever want the ball in tight spaces and isnt brave on the ball thats a form of cowardice

As for the tackle he went in with excessive force and purposely kept his foot up with his leg straight, anybody who has played knows that when you want to "do someone"
    Agreed. And I'd say that about a player I rated highly as well as saying it about that challenge. Getting contact on the ball is irrelevant and ADS you should know that. Excessive force, out of control, high, dangerous, it's a red all day every day. I once put a similar tackle in on a player and he attacked me after the final whistle!

Anyhow, I think what happened was that Butcher watched our tippy tappy players failing to put put a glove on the opposition, found it frustrating as we all did, and decided to show them how it's done. A red wouldn't have changed the result but would probably have affected the goals conceded. And ruled him out from further game time thus further weakening the managers options.

Ironic because despite my reservations about the player I think he should have started v Motherwell.

It's interesting that a player divides the support so much. Some worship the ground he walks on.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agreed. And I'd say that about a player I rated highly as well as saying it about that challenge. Getting contact on the ball is irrelevant and ADS you should know that. Excessive force, out of control, high, dangerous, it's a red all day every day. I once put a similar tackle in on a player and he attacked me after the final whistle!

Anyhow, I think what happened was that Butcher watched our tippy tappy players failing to put put a glove on the opposition, found it frustrating as we all did, and decided to show them how it's done. A red wouldn't have changed the result but would probably have affected the goals conceded. And ruled him out from further game time thus further weakening the managers options.

Ironic because despite my reservations about the player I think he should have started v Motherwell.

It's interesting that a player divides the support so much. Some worship the ground he walks on.
    Whatever your opinion on the tackle, I still don't support folk throwing words like coward at people and using the Internet to do it. I wonder if he'd tell Callum to his face that he's a coward? I suspect not

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    and chances are he would have ran an even bigger risk off getting sent off with the more time he had on the pitch .

There's nothing wrong with having hard players in your side who get stuck in , in fact all teams need them .

But GOOD hard players get stuck in but are also disciplined .. poor or average hard players just dive in or react and unfortunately Butcher falls in to the latter category for me .
    We don't seem to have hard fair players in midfield at all, we're soft, then we don't have enough skilful players to compensate for the lack of grit. It's a problem.

Gogic not getting game time at Hibs would be the type we need. Hard and skilful.
    Tbh I think we've been signing the wrong type of players for a long time on this. Edwards and McMann see us heading in the right direction but we need more warriors like them. We're far too easily bullied.

Totally deserves to be banned btw once again he let the team down
    Did he shag your missus or something?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We don't seem to have hard fair players in midfield at all, we're soft, then we don't have enough skilful players to compensate for the lack of grit. It's a problem.

Gogic not getting game time at Hibs would be the type we need. Hard and skilful.
    Tbh I think we've been signing the wrong type of players for a long time on this. Edwards and McMann see us heading in the right direction but we need more warriors like them. We're far too easily bullied.
    Not sure I'd agree with that, best we have played this season is with Levitt, Harkes and Fuchs in midfield, you wouldnt say 2 out of that 3 were anywhere near warriors

What a well thought-out retort! Thank you for the debate
    Phuxache, it's pretty obvious I'm joking, isn't it?

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)