+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Rufc official signings

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    My advice is don't. I've seen the lad a number of times. He's at Man Utd so he can't be shyte and he's at an age where they can come from nowhere. Nothing like his dad as a player and too lightweight last time I saw him. Not what we need.

Liam Delap would have been the young player out there who could have helped us. Out of our range though.
    Why is he out of our range? Funny thing to say when he signed for Preston yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Can’t see the latter joining us.
    I’m sure he was on £60k/wk when they got relegated from the Premier League!!!
    Lukas Jutkiewicz - His contract up this summer, he will be 34 in March, can't see Birmingham
    City offering another contract. They will want to get him off their wage bill, so could go for
    free in the January transfer window.
    At 34 Jutkiewicz will have to cut the cloth to suit what he can get from another club, so will
    have to drop his wages.
    Looking how many players are out of contract in the summer, the agents will be trying to get
    clubs for their players, but could find in this financial climate that clubs will be picky in what
    money they will release from their coffers.
    So a January window transfer will suit a lot of players.
    Jutkiewicz likes to score against us, I would take the player, but a contract not more than
    2 years.
    Billy Sharp is still scoring goals at 36 years of age, so to me Jutkiewicz would be worth a punt.

Are we still meant to be interested in that striker from Ireland? Any update on that one?

Said it before but if we are rumoured to be after a Man Utd player could it be Charlie McNeill?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Lukas Jutkiewicz - His contract up this summer, he will be 34 in March, can't see Birmingham
    City offering another contract. They will want to get him off their wage bill, so could go for
    free in the January transfer window.
    At 34 Jutkiewicz will have to cut the cloth to suit what he can get from another club, so will
    have to drop his wages.
    Looking how many players are out of contract in the summer, the agents will be trying to get
    clubs for their players, but could find in this financial climate that clubs will be picky in what
    money they will release from their coffers.
    So a January window transfer will suit a lot of players.
    Jutkiewicz likes to score against us, I would take the player, but a contract not more than
    2 years.
    Billy Sharp is still scoring goals at 36 years of age, so to me Jutkiewicz would be worth a punt.

No! No contracts to players that age! Loan for end of season only.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No! No contracts to players that age! Loan for end of season only.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Why is he out of our range? Funny thing to say when he signed for Preston yesterday.
    Why is it a funny thing to say? Here's Preston wage bill for the last 2 years.

Name:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  19.6 KB

Are you suggesting we can compete with Preston for Liam Delap? They posted losses of £15m in 2021. That's what we're up against.
    Last edited by howdydoo; 13-01-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Could we be in for Coventry City 32 year old striker Martin Waghorn, Coventry City manager
    Mark Robins said, a club were interested & looking to sign the striker, then he can get a
    striker in.
    If Waghorn leaves Coventry City will have only one fit striker, with two others on the treatment
    table.
    ! Now where have we heard that before, only one fit striker.

Hope not ELK. Waghorn is fast declining. Had his day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Hope not ELK. Waghorn is fast declining. Had his day.
    Yet we signed Eaves

Yet it would be great if Eaves come back from injury & scored goals to keep us in the championship.
    Couldn't MT send Eaves to a Hypnotist & hopefully put it in his mind, that he scores goals for fun.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 13-01-2023 at 04:56 PM.

eaves was poor 1st time he said he wasnt a target man and even worse he came back and still isnt now we saddled with the donkey

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast