+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: League Two Signings Thread 2024/25

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I buy a ticket because I'm a Notts fan. It's equally simple, but each to their own.

If I bought a ticket to be entertained I wouldn't have bought many in the last 20 years!
    That's your prerogative, but that is what is wrong with football and why so many bad owners are attracted because people feel they must hand over money. Perhaps if the average football fan didn't buy a ticket when the entertainment on show wasn't to a required standard, it wouldn't be seen as a cash cow to frauds and it would force clubs to have more entertaining football

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's your prerogative, but that is what is wrong with football and why so many bad owners are attracted because people feel they must hand over money. Perhaps if the average football fan didn't buy a ticket when the entertainment on show wasn't to a required standard, it wouldn't be seen as a cash cow to frauds and it would force clubs to have more entertaining football
    That idea would make everyone who agreed with it become a Man City fan.

And Man City are maybe the biggest frauds of all!

I could understand this comment for about 20 of the past 25 seasons, but not for the past couple of years. Seriously, how many unentertaining games were there last season? I will never for the life of me understand this “I’m not buying a season ticket unless…” mentality, but each to their own.

For fans such as yourself that can take or leave going to games, the last two seasons have been the most entertaining in my 35 years of being a fan. We’ve broken countless records (good and bad) and average an obscene amount of goals (good and bad).
    But you’re not talking about entertainment are you, you’re talking about winning.
    And if every average football fan only bought a ticket for winning teams….well, football would have died years ago!
    As investments go, owning a football club is seen as anything but a cash cow, so I don’t know where you’ve drawn that conclusion. And if clubs didn’t have a dedicated fan base they would have to gamble on spending money they haven’t got in order to offer ‘entertaining’ football. That sounds like a sound business plan.
    You’ve every right to hold out on a ST but ask yourself, would we be more likely to field a more ‘entertaining’ team if we sold 1000 or 15,000 season tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I could understand this comment for about 20 of the past 25 seasons, but not for the past couple of years. Seriously, how many unentertaining games were there last season? I will never for the life of me understand this “I’m not buying a season ticket unless…” mentality, but each to their own.
    Quite a few under Maynard. We lost the attacking edge and it was that horrible turgid passing football that we saw under Curlew in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    For fans such as yourself that can take or leave going to games, the last two seasons have been the most entertaining in my 35 years of being a fan. We’ve broken countless records (good and bad) and average an obscene amount of goals (good and bad).
    But you’re not talking about entertainment are you, you’re talking about winning.
    And if every average football fan only bought a ticket for winning teams….well, football would have died years ago!
    As investments go, owning a football club is seen as anything but a cash cow, so I don’t know where you’ve drawn that conclusion. And if clubs didn’t have a dedicated fan base they would have to gamble on spending money they haven’t got in order to offer ‘entertaining’ football. That sounds like a sound business plan.
    You’ve every right to hold out on a ST but ask yourself, would we be more likely to field a more ‘entertaining’ team if we sold 1000 or 15,000 season tickets?
    Take off the filter that was Luke Williams, look back to games under Maynard such as Gillingham, Crewe, Sutton, were you entertained?

Take off the filter that was Luke Williams, look back to games under Maynard such as Gillingham, Crewe, Sutton, were you entertained?
    You seemed to have ignored the points I made and just gone down a different route.
    But to answer your question, no I wasn’t entertained against Gillingham and Crewe but I was against Sutton.
    I was also entertained against Stockport, Walsall, Harrogate, MKD, Bradford, Wrexham, Newport and Mansfield.
    If you consider this Notts era as not entertaining then I think you’re right not to buy a ST, just stick to a sky sports subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    No thank you very much. I wouldnt set foot in that dump if they were the only club in town... It seems to me that from your comments you are prepared to accept any old rubbish.. Well as I say, if you are happy with the club signing these players, then thats just fine..
    What I'm saying is that you never seem to have a good word to say for Notts. Given their performances for the 65yrs I've been following them you'd be right to say most of the time the signings they've made have been rubbish going back to at least Terry Bly and many that I've forgotten. That is why, with the exception of a handful of seasons, we are a lower league yo-you club that have lurched from crisis to crisis much as a person who is bipolar.

Saying "Notts are sh1t" or the "Signings are sh1t" or the "Management are sh1t" works for a majority of those 65yrs and so you've been right to be so negative. Not sure how it helps and hence thought with your attitude you'd be better off being happy supporting a more successful side and as much as folk might hate to say it in the last 65+ years the ones over the Trent win hands down. I guess at heart your a bit of a masochist and secretly enjoy the woeful displays you have to endure and then the opportunity to say "sh1t".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I buy a ticket because I'm a Notts fan. It's equally simple, but each to their own.

If I bought a ticket to be entertained I wouldn't have bought many in the last 20 years!
    Now there's a realist. Trapped into being a Notts fan and doing the best to accept his fate. Well done.

Holding back on season tickets only hurts and restricts lower league clubs. They (we) need that revenue to make or adjust plans for the forthcoming season.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast