+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chalky and Frank, what did / do you think of 'Jesus Christ Superstar'?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    I wrote the final paragraph solely so that I could get it in howoldboy 😆
    I thought you might have gone for solely solely there!

My email to her was on a Saturday afternoon when she was probably at home. The following day she was doing a UOGB gig at Milton Keynes. Then there were only a few days before the beginning of the Canada / USA / Germany / Sweden tours so the whole band could have been in one place preparing for the tour. They are not a band wholly from one area. Their homes are in Kent, Dorset, London, Manchester, Hamburg, Hampshire, Suss&shyex and Leeds. Laura is from Dumfries, she is the only Scottish member of the UOGB squad of 12 from which the 7 or 8 form the band at any one time by mutual agreement. One or two do not wish to go on long foreign tours, one or two will do part of a tour etc.
    There is no problem in getting an 8, though this Canada / USA tour will be a 7 piece.

So, after the Saturday when she replied to my email she was probably not at home and may not be there until almost the end of October. Her Ra email may solely operate on her home computer. You emailed her after that Saturday.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 14-04-2023 at 11:36 AM.

I wrote the final paragraph solely so that I could get it in howoldboy 😆
    Did you even read this Stefan,I only wrote that final paragraph so that I could get "globule" in and the first time that I wrote about the email was tongue in cheek which I explained,I'm beginning to think that you are having me on now 🤔

When I received her cd there was a Dumfries postcode on it,I wonder if it was sent by her personally because I presumed that it would sent via her label,I've sent her another email via her label congratulating her on her album but I also mentioned that there was no need to reply as I knew that she was touring so there's no resentment on my part

Stefan, I chanced upon Laura singing a song called Fireflies (on the sand and sea) live from Dumfries,it's such a great song,do you know if it's self penned or not?

I have found one other song called 'Fireflies' but it is a totally different one.

On the YouTube page of Laura's song before you click it up to full screen you see the text below the window, which states that it is an original song.

I couldn't find the video when I tried to look it up again and then I realised that it was Fireflies but by Ra, beautiful song

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post

On the YouTube page of Laura's song before you click it up to full screen you see the text below the window, which states that it is an original song.
    Ahhh,I've seen what you mean now,thanks Stefan 😎

Stefan, I chanced upon Laura singing a song called Fireflies (on the sand and sea) live from Dumfries,it's such a great song,do you know if it's self penned or not?
    I asked her via YouTube if it was available to buy and she replied

Not yet...

Fingers crossed she's got another album in mind

Oh yes, I see 'Chalky Notts County County FC' in the comments section of the YouTube page.

Maybe in her spare time on the current tour she is writing the music for the song for every instrument in a full orchestra and she will be playing every instrument. Clearly, writing songs, singing them, playing every instrument, being in charge of recording them, making videos and doing the work of sending her CDs to customers is not enough work.

Erm,I'm not quite sure what you meant by that Stefan,I'm sorry that I asked her the question now tbh but she didn't have to answer it,i seem to touch a nerve whenever I mention her so I will leave it at that

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)