+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: That c*** Allardyce

re: That c*** Allardyce

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerman69
    Personally, I have never worked for a manager that is even in my country and the current one I have, I have never even met. I motivate myself by having some pride in what I do and try to justify the salary I am on so I couldn't give a **** as to what my manager does during a working day.
    In terms of a football club then HM, can you tell me what you think the role of the Manager is?[/quote]

A manager rather than a coach should do the following IMO though having read Warnock, Clough, Redknapp and Ferguson's book it is probably more with Warnock having to even order the food and bog rolls at QPR

Outside game
    Organise preseason and decide what is needed.
    Decide on the Overall strategy and style for the season
    List Players sought
    List Players that should be sold
    Possibly negotiate/discuss moves with players (but not so much nowadays

Personally, I have never worked for a manager that is even in my country and the current one I have, I have never even met. I motivate myself by having some pride in what I do and try to justify the salary I am on so I couldn't give a **** as to what my manager does during a working day.
    In terms of a football club then HM, can you tell me what you think the role of the Manager is?[/quote]

A manager rather than a coach should do the following IMO though having read Warnock, Clough, Redknapp and Ferguson's book it is probably more with Warnock having to even order the food and bog rolls at QPR

Outside game
    List Players sought
    Possibly negotiate/discuss moves with players (but not so much nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron

Outside game
    List Players sought
    Possibly negotiate/discuss

Fu(king bloke doesn't know he's born Herb

If he was to see one of my wife's "To Do" Lists, we wouldn't be arguing about him because he'd have emigrated to Borneo.

Quote Originally Posted by frogiron

Outside game
    List Players sought
    Possibly negotiate/discuss

[quote="Whiskyman" waving their arms around and making all sorts of obscure signals to players.

It's a bit like getting people "pumped up" at international level by singing their countries national anthem (Spain excepted of course). FFS if the world cup semi between Brazil and Germany had been awarded on the strength of anthem singing Brazil would have won hands down.

They didn't because, although the Germans mumbled their way through "Einig Keit, und Recht, und Freiheit" they took the almighty p1ss where it really mattered.[/quote]

Agreed. Chile might have run the Brazilians close.

PS You are just showing off your German now

Outside game
    List Players sought
    List Playe

They all need to stand up and be counted in this case.

And did you know ostriches dont really bury their heads in the sand.

News just in... Sam has gone in to hiding

True but again you could then say that David Sullivan is to blame as he is at the top. That is irrelevant, as I said when I started on this in the post you complained about me being sarcastic, in an earlier post, its not responsibility that is the topic here...it is outright blame...Read this thread, its blame mate semantics or not.

We blame the manager for not running up the touchline and we are blaming him for not motivating the team. That is the issue I face.

The CEO of my company is to blame for all 67,000 employees but when push comes to shove...every employee has a responsibility and sometimes they have to take it on the chin.

Edit to say...I can't seem to reply to any of your posts now...not sure why !

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)