+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Waghorn

Hurst says nowt changed since weekend

Wilder now saying he's been priced out of Waghorn deal

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Wilder now saying he's been priced out of Waghorn deal
    http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ep-for-waghorn

oh well would have been a great signing but we cant compete with derby im afraid wonder whos next on tuftys list ?

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    oh well would have been a great signing but we cant compete with derby im afraid wonder whos next on tuftys list ?
    We should be able to, as they've spent big over the past few seasons and are supposed to be cutting their cloth.

That said, as disappointing as it is if we don't get him, I don't think this is a case of Tufty's principles about value working against him - it's just that they're asking for more than he's worth.

Just did a comparison of players goal scoring based on a 42 game Championship season:-
    Billy - 14
    Leon - 10
    Nugent - 15
    Goldie - 9
    Waghorn - 9

If Ipswich get £8 million for a player who cost £250,000 with that scoring record then well done to them.

Boring I know but I had a few minutes to kill this morning.

So based on that we should bring nugent in instead I think chris might be playing games saying we're out of it but if Derby are prepared to pay over the odds let them get on with it but we do need another striker and time is now running out to set new deals up

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    So based on that we should bring nugent in instead I think chris might be playing games saying we're out of it but if Derby are prepared to pay over the odds let them get on with it but we do need another striker and time is now running out to set new deals up
    Lampard wont be bothered about spending other peoples money just like his uncle,he might not be there in a season or two to worry about it.

Nugent its a no from me..............he's got funny eyes like Novak J.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Now appears to be a deal Derby can't do unless they offload Vydra. Also deal is said to be £4 million up front plus another £4 million in add ons if they go up and stay up. Way overpriced time to move on and tell Ipswich to do one if they come back should the Derby deal fall through.
    Can we have Vydra instead, just to make the deal easier for Derby..?

Why would you ditch the top scorer in the league unless you can't afford his wages I'd be thinking they're sailed NGH too close to shore if I was waghorn let's hope he's got a brain and can see past the pound signs

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast