+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: L2 season formally ended

More details on National League playoffs:

🔸Playoffs would only happen if 4 (or more) of the 6 clubs participate

🔸No sanctions if a club a declines to participate

🔸Clubs will pay for their share of testing

These would apply to Step 1 & Step 2 playoffs should they happen.

c/o Ollie Bayliss
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 13-06-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    More details on National League playoffs:

Playoffs would only happen if 4 (or more) of the 6 clubs participate

No sanctions if a club a declines to participate

Clubs will pay for their share of testing

These would apply to Step 1 & Step 2 playoffs should they happen.

c/o Ollie Bayliss
    That worries me. How many of the 6 teams in our league that would compete the play offs can afford to fund the testing? This could be our undoing for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I read an article about a Tinder style app for football transfers (yes really) which is catching on and replacing agents even at the top level. I think a few Bundesliga teams use it.
    That’s actually not a bad idea, could create a more transparent marketplace?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    That worries me. How many of the 6 teams in our league that would compete the play offs can afford to fund the testing? This could be our undoing for this season.
    That could happen and if it does it should come down to teams who want to play or can afford to play to have play offs or go up.

Testing isn’t that expensive. There is a company in Notts that make good PCR tests that show if you have the virus. They have results in 20-24 hours currently.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Testing isn’t that expensive. There is a company in Notts that make good PCR tests that show if you have the virus. They have results in 20-24 hours currently.
    I suppose it all depends on where you get them, what they test for, how accurate they are and if they actually work or are likely to give a false negative. The going rate for an acceptable kit seems to be £200 - £300 although I have seen home test kits quoted at £125. If you assume circa £200 then assume 40 tests to cover all members of Playing, coaching, medical and other staff that need testing Then you are suddenly up to £8,000. This is all assuming they use diy testing kits.

The PL and Champ have appointed companies to do the testing at each club which takes place twice a week. Derby for example have said testing will cost them circa £100k, not sure how teams in the NL could afford to fund that themselves.

I tried to cut the NL some slack over their handling of the season curtailment but take it all back. Having looked further into it they have essentially lied about guidance received from the government regarding the playing off play offs and have succumbed to pressure from clubs like Fylde to ensure only Chorley get relegated.

Essentially theY argued that gov guidance suggested step 2 and below were not classed as ‘elite’ so seasons could be null and void with top team in NLN and NLS promoted on PPG. They have since received petitions from York City and Havant & W confirming that players deemed to be making a living from the sport should be classed as ‘elite’. Both York and Havant apparently operate full time squads so are classed as ‘elite’.

They are petitioning for play offs to happen in their leagues and if not then they should both be promoted on PPG and Fylde and Ebbsfleet relegated. All of this has caused the NL to reassess the situation and although it’s likely they will ignore the amendments petitioned it does mean the vote on the NL resolution we were waiting for on Monday might be delayed further.

I suppose it all depends on where you get them, what they test for, how accurate they are and if they actually work or are likely to give a false negative. The going rate for an acceptable kit seems to be £200 - £300 although I have seen home test kits quoted at £125. If you assume circa £200 then assume 40 tests to cover all members of Playing, coaching, medical and other staff that need testing Then you are suddenly up to £8,000. This is all assuming they use diy testing kits.

The PL and Champ have appointed companies to do the testing at each club which takes place twice a week. Derby for example have said testing will cost them circa £100k, not sure how teams in the NL could afford to fund that themselves.
    If the club doctor does the testing. (Swabs have to be done well) it would be better. If they can get a small number of tests it wouldn’t cost too much. Then you have isolation costs afterward. Same as a crew joining a ship etc. ( I’m currently an ops manager for a company supplying medics and covid tests to clients)

The cost of the kits v promotion it’s a gamble. In real terms 8k isn’t a lot to a football club we have saved more than that a week with the players we’ve released. They could do it accurately for 5k but I would have doubts about the processes and risks. It would be best part of 9-10k (rough maths) for an outside company one days testing for 40.

I tried to cut the NL some slack over their handling of the season curtailment but take it all back. Having looked further into it they have essentially lied about guidance received from the government regarding the playing off play offs and have succumbed to pressure from clubs like Fylde to ensure only Chorley get relegated.

Essentially theY argued that gov guidance suggested step 2 and below were not classed as ‘elite’ so seasons could be null and void with top team in NLN and NLS promoted on PPG. They have since received petitions from York City and Havant & W confirming that players deemed to be making a living from the sport should be classed as ‘elite’. Both York and Havant apparently operate full time squads so are classed as ‘elite’.

They are petitioning for play offs to happen in their leagues and if not then they should both be promoted on PPG and Fylde and Ebbsfleet relegated. All of this has caused the NL to reassess the situation and although it’s likely they will ignore the amendments petitioned it does mean the vote on the NL resolution we were waiting for on Monday might be delayed further.
    Rightly or wrongly the conclusion I have come to with the National League is that they have meetings, sit on things for too long and the only decisions made are to let the clubs vote.

They should follow League One and League Two and update the tables on PPG and promote and relegate clubs accordingly in their three leagues.

Let's get this season done!

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    If the club doctor does the testing. (Swabs have to be done well) it would be better. If they can get a small number of tests it wouldn’t cost too much. Then you have isolation costs afterward. Same as a crew joining a ship etc. ( I’m currently an ops manager for a company supplying medics and covid tests to clients)

The cost of the kits v promotion it’s a gamble. In real terms 8k isn’t a lot to a football club we have saved more than that a week with the players we’ve released. They could do it accurately for 5k but I would have doubts about the processes and risks. It would be best part of 9-10k (rough maths) for an outside company one days testing for 40.
    With the amount of money in football surely the FA could help contribute financially for testing for teams in the play-offs in the lower leagues as it helps to maintain the integrity of the competitions.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast