+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Southampton ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Yes but the club and he are happy so there is nothing to hold us back. Also, they might be waiting to see where we finish before making changes. If we somehow manage to get into Euro well things change.
    How so, "change"? You suggest we can't succeed in Europe under Bielsa when we have been ripping up the rule book in the Premiership? We're not perfect, that's for sure, but I'd rather see Leeds playing in Europe under Bielsa, like we do in the PL, than some "safe as houses" boring as watching grass grow nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Just want to say Man of the Match imo was the referee, got all the big decisions right and let the game flow as much as he could. If he had got one of the difficult decisions wrong, result could have turned out differently.
    Not so much man of the match (that was Raphina!) but agree on his performance, v impressive.

Marcelo stated that he holds out till the end of the season cause anything can happen with so many games left and doesn't want to disadvantage the club just in case the season goes pare shape. Also stated that if the club was to ask him of his decision at any time he would tell them. Seems to me the club is happy and so is he so no story here.
    WELL thats a first Oz lad - agree with every fecking word!

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Just want to say Man of the Match imo was the referee, got all the big decisions right and let the game flow as much as he could. If he had got one of the difficult decisions wrong, result could have turned out differently.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    How so, "change"? You suggest we can't succeed in Europe under Bielsa when we have been ripping up the rule book in the Premiership? We're not perfect, that's for sure, but I'd rather see Leeds playing in Europe under Bielsa, like we do in the PL, than some "safe as houses" boring as watching grass grow nonsense.
    Misread I meant if we get to euro the players they might look at will be different from the ones if we don't.Eg some players won't join a club unless they are playing in a European league.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    WELL thats a first Oz lad - agree with every fecking word!
    You want a hug like Billy Mate as I hear from the good authority he is boiling his eyes out on Andy's shoulders.
    Ps glad mate hate arguing and the crap that goes with it.

Misread I meant if we get to euro the players they might look at will be different from the ones if we don't.Eg some players won't join a club unless they are playing in a European league.
    Sure, and not disagreeing with that, but that shouldn't affect Bielsa future (I'm fairly sure he can select and manage either kind of player). Not really disagreeing that there isn't a "story" atm, just that as a hard-bitten project manager, I know that forward loading any plan is the right course of action, rather than everything being back-ended, so get his contract sorted, steady-state coaching situation ready for the investment that will be required rather than the usual lastminute.com approach that has happened to Leeds often in the past .

It is quite funny to not watch the matchday threads and to only look in after the game [Normally watch both by myself, but the wife is from Southamnpton so watched the game together] to see the comments from the first to the second half - 360 degree switch lol!

Bielsa as always called it right when he said the score flattered us [Or something similar] but this crazy leauge is like that week in week out - as someone regularly says - "Fine margins"
    Thought their keeper made a few blinding saves but cocked up on Rapha's goal, thought despite Southamptons press - Meslier played the right game - knocking it long when needed, and thought Llorente did pretty good as Philips replacement - and seems to, have come through unscathed - looking forward to seeing this fella get a run of games under his belt, looks quality to me.

And amazingly that is two out of three penalties given against us, then correctly chalked off by VAR in the last three games

Sure, and not disagreeing with that, but that shouldn't affect Bielsa future (I'm fairly sure he can select and manage either kind of player). Not really disagreeing that there isn't a "story" atm, just that as a hard-bitten project manager, I know that forward loading any plan is the right course of action, rather than everything being back-ended, so get his contract sorted, steady-state coaching situation ready for the investment that will be required rather than the usual lastminute.com approach that has happened to Leeds often in the past .
    Think both Bielsa and the club know he is staying at least next season - just don't want any distractions - but I bet he is already telling Victor who he wants and who they CANNOT let go if he is to sign for another crack at this league.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 23-02-2021 at 09:02 PM.

For all, we know the club already knows and is well into preparations for the coming season.Just cause they haven't officially stated anything doesn't mean anything. I believe after so many shocking seasons we finally have people that know what they are doing and i have faith.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)