+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    I hope so, he's easy pickings. You know that you've hit rock bottom when even laddo says "he's not my mate". Anyway, soon as the shelters start filling up ( even more than they are now ), I'm off to Labrador Rescue to get a companion for my other sh1tting/p1ssing machine.
    I dont want to kick a good man when hes down but I heard the samaritans hung up on him.!
    He must have been on the phone to them when laddo rejected him, it dont get much worse than that...!
    I

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Which rescue do you use Navy? We've had 2 wonderful dogs from LRNW and my father in law also had what he's always called his 'best dog' from them (though in reality he called all his dogs that!).
    Always got my dogs from breeders cher, never used a shelter but just wanna do my bit when they all start getting dumped there. I've not really looked into it yet to be honest so don't even know the procedure, but I'm hoping I can see the dog I want online. I'm afraid if I go, I'll come home with three or four, and the wife will kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Right, so Andy is the bad guy because he said ‘dogs are crap’ which is a no no, but it’s perfectly fine to say humans are crap’. That’s allowed by you, is it crazy? It’s not hypocritical at all, right?

Let’s take the bait here nonetheless and recap what’s going on:

You like dogs because they love you unconditionally. It other words, you don’t have to make any special effort. You don’t have to be particularly kind to them, you don’t need to treat them well. You don’t have to bring something to the table (except food) that interests them, or have special skills or talents that makes you stand out from the myriad of other people. You can forget about them and treat them like ****, and the next day they’ll be there for you just the same. With human relationships you generally have at least have some good qualities or most other humans will either ignore you or run like there’s a fire.

You’re absolutely right - dogs are far less discriminating. This is not to say that you can abuse your dog and it won’t feel pain. But it’s stuck between a rock and a hard place, and maybe has a bit of the Stockholm syndrome. In short, it will still be ‘loyal’ to you in so far as we can use that anthropomorphic term to describe their ‘affection’.
    Speaking of taking the bait - I shouldn't, seen as the thread has clearly improved again, but still; this drivel is exactly what I was talking about, because that isn't what would happen in that situation.

Undoubtedly a bit pointless telling you that, seen as your self-confidence in proselytising led you to this tosh, but then I still retain some hope that humans can better themselves as you suggest. Maybe by getting some humility rather than believing they know better than everyone else in every given subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOWLLY View Post
    I agree with you about the rapidly expanding human population being a problem. I disagree regarding burning fossil fuels; it's the dreadful, supposedly eco-friendly, ugly bird-blending wind-turbines that are killing tens of thousands of our feathered friends.
    That's a good point; I was largely going off stuff suggested by the RSPB, so climate change is definitely an issue because it is altering the habitat. I have no idea how bad the effect of wind turbines is, but I would imagine they do do damage. That's a real rock and a hard place situation, that.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Speaking of taking the bait - I shouldn't, seen as the thread has clearly improved again, but still; this drivel is exactly what I was talking about, because that isn't what would happen in that situation.

Undoubtedly a bit pointless telling you that, seen as your self-confidence in proselytising led you to this tosh, but then I still retain some hope that humans can better themselves as you suggest. Maybe by getting some humility rather than believing they know better than everyone else in every given subject.
    You seem to lob a lot of insults without ever addressing any points.

Forget horrible flea bitten mutts as a pet,get yourselves a parrot as a pet who are five times more intelligent than your average dog

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Forget horrible flea bitten mutts as a pet,get yourselves a parrot as a pet who are five times more intelligent than your average dog
    We looked after a parrot once.... It barked constantly. Might as well have a dog really.

Andy I want to apologise for my language the other day, it was out of order, not deserved and I regret it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Andy I want to apologise for my language the other day, it was out of order, not deserved and I regret it. Thanks.
    Think nothing of it at all. We’re both passionate on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Think nothing of it at all. We’re both passionate on the subject.
    Thank you, much appreciated.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast