+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't take my word for it army88, just pick up any newspaper or media outlet and the inbound reports confirm the current rise in infected Covid cases are amongst the vaccinated and not unvaccinated.

I think you are missing the basic tenet of my argument and stance on this to be vaccinated or not issue. It's my body and me alone will decide what $hit is being pumped into it, and I have never taken kindly to being coerced and controlled by those in "authority".

I do not insult those who choose to be vaccinated, I don't even question their judgement.

I just wish the vaccinated would climb down off their high horses and vacate the moral high ground.
    I see it BT but I don’t think they ever laid
    It on the line and said it was a cure , they said that people will likely still get poorly but the chances of it killing you were reduced.

My stance is only that I can’t see how we will ever get forward when people refuse to be inoculated , as I’ve said before if it didn’t effect other people I would gladly accept that you don’t want the jab and anyone else who refuses , it’s just that it does and it kills some people and or causes long term damage to them.

The Chinese have a lot to answer for in this charade whilst they eagerly beavered away buying up anything and everything in its path while the world fights to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No QUIBBLES with you whatsoever wanderlust, but I have with the f*cking eejits at SAGE, who pretend to know what they are on about.
    Awreet BT. I think the issue with SAGE is that most of the experts resigned and were replaced with mouthpieces so it now seems that SAGE's function is to substantiate government decisions rather than to provide a truly independent scientifically-based perspective.

That said, somehow the country has to get back to work and start paying off the biggest debt accrued by any British government in history.

I think it's got to the point of "acceptable Covid deaths" which averaged 40 a day last week - so roughly 280 out of approximately 9000 deaths from all causes - which would make it difficult to justify further lockdowns if contextualised like that.

No doubt the government will find the spin to get away with whatever they want, but sooner or later they won't be able to hide behind the smokescreen that Covid provides them with and maybe then folk will start to see what they're doing/not doing.

Begs the question apart from bumbling through Covid and dividing the nation what have they actually done for the country?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Awreet BT. I think the issue with SAGE is that most of the experts resigned and were replaced with mouthpieces so it now seems that SAGE's function is to substantiate government decisions rather than to provide a truly independent scientifically-based perspective.

That said, somehow the country has to get back to work and start paying off the biggest debt accrued by any British government in history.

I think it's got to the point of "acceptable Covid deaths" which averaged 40 a day last week - so roughly 280 out of approximately 9000 deaths from all causes - which would make it difficult to justify further lockdowns if contextualised like that.

No doubt the government will find the spin to get away with whatever they want, but sooner or later they won't be able to hide behind the smokescreen that Covid provides them with and maybe then folk will start to see what they're doing/not doing.

Begs the question apart from bumbling through Covid and dividing the nation what have they actually done for the country?
    The top and bottom of it mate is we can no longer afford to confront Covid. We will just have to live with it, the UK economy is shot to $hit, and we are borrowing through the roof.

People will die, but we won't go under financially as a nation. As long as Burnley don't get relegated, I really do not give a flying f*ck anymore.

Panic reigns in Northumberland! The death rate went up by 100% last week!
    It appears that form the back end of May throught to the first week of July there were no Covid deaths in Northumberland. However, the first week of July saw a drastic increase with 1 death and this was followed by 2 deaths the week after ----an increase of 100%!
    All you saw in the media was that there had been an increase of 100% in the death rate in the county.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Panic reigns in Northumberland! The death rate went up by 100% last week!
    It appears that form the back end of May throught to the first week of July there were no Covid deaths in Northumberland. However, the first week of July saw a drastic increase with 1 death and this was followed by 2 deaths the week after ----an increase of 100%!
    All you saw in the media was that there had been an increase of 100% in the death rate in the county.
    Nailed it - Sub.....a perfect illustration the dirty tricksters are exploiting to orchestrate the lie and spread the fear - all to keep their sick performance live - which we know (without hiding the numbers) is 100% done for, as are they !

its easily done.

MONDAY, JULY 19

-- 1:09 p.m.
    Northumberland is continuing its streak of zero COVID-19 cases. In an update Monday, public health reported no new cases were confirmed locally over the weekend. Northumberland also has zero active cases, zero current high-risk contacts, and zero probable cases, according to the latest data.

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...erland-county/

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

MONDAY, JULY 19

-- 1:09 p.m.
    Northumberland is continuing its streak of zero COVID-19 cases. In an update Monday, public health reported no new cases were confirmed locally over the weekend. Northumberland also has zero active cases, zero current high-risk contacts, and zero probable cases, according to the latest data.

https://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...erland-county/

All well and good norder ---however ------that is not the Northumberland to which I was referring!

I think I might just possibly have seen the beginning of the end today. Went to do the weekly supermarket shop this morning, fully expecting to see the usual, a remake of the Night of the Living Dead, but no, no high-viz jacket at the door, just an unobtrusive sign requesting that customers wear masks, inside half the punters still wearing their masks, the other half not wearing masks, same with the staff, about half not wearing them.

It also restored my faith in human nature, well almost.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think I might just possibly have seen the beginning of the end today. Went to do the weekly supermarket shop this morning, fully expecting to see the usual, a remake of the Night of the Living Dead, but no, no high-viz jacket at the door, just an unobtrusive sign requesting that customers wear masks, inside half the punters still wearing their masks, the other half not wearing masks, same with the staff, about half not wearing them.

It also restored my faith in human nature, well almost.
    Everybody was wearing masks in our supermarket this morning and the customers were wiping down trolleys and sanitising their hands - as if nothing had changed. Mind you it's God's waiting room around here.

Love the idea of double jab passport for clubs and pubs but the track and trace thing needs a rethink. My favourite local is closed down ATM as one of their kids caught it and all their staff are having to isolate - and that's the problem - one case and twenty people are put out of action.
    Folk will get eventually get fed up with that and either ignore it or turn on the lepers.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Everybody was wearing masks in our supermarket this morning and the customers were wiping down trolleys and sanitising their hands - as if nothing had changed. Mind you it's God's waiting room around here.
    That's exactly what I was expecting lusty, I had my mask in my hand as I went in, if any of the staff had asked me to wear it I would have done, but when I saw so many without masks it went back in my pocket. There didn't seem to be any problem, everyone just getting on with their shopping, masked and unmasked alike.

I went into the paper shop in the town centre, I noticed the sign asking for masks to be worn was gone, the sign saying no more than two in the shop at any one time was also gone. I popped my head inside and asked if she wanted me to wear a mask, she said it was up to me. I noticed that the plastic screens were still up, and she was wearing a plastic visor, she was clearly not convinced it was safe to be maskless, so in deference to her obvious preference, I put my mask on and went in. I am not unreasonable.

Why are you toeing the corporate line mon ami?

The average daily number of symptomatic cases among unvaccinated people was 17,581, down 22 per cent on the previous week. The number of cases among partly or fully vaccinated people, by contrast, rose by 40 per cent over the same period.

Apologies I forgot you have been vaccinated, but really what was the point?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)