+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Boreham Wood 23.11.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Chesterfield won't be to dissapointed when they realise none of the teams won that were close to them, they got away with a poor result
    I think they will be more disappointed than you think after being 2 - 0 up.

We have played BW, Solihull, Bromley, Grimsby and Stockport, 11 points out of 15. More than 2 ppg, in addition we have played Rochdale twice and only lost in the last minute.

If we can get it sorted against the lower teams there is no reason we can't be challenging at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah the fact that we haven’t played any of the bottom fairly terrible 3 sides is a source of hope.
    Yes it is big source of hope providing Notts keep there end of the deal and actually win the games, and not draw or lose them

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Agreed, which is why last Saturday's result was damaging. 2 points/game average means sometimes you have to be over that and I don't think this season we even been up to that. Cheaterfield and Boring Wood are over that target already and can afford the occasional dropped point. We've now got one less game to play catch-up. I don't see it happening.
    As disappointing as the result was on Saturday, it was against a side that have been more than decent at home and IF they won there game in hand would be one result from the playoff spots.
    The ‘damaging’ results were the 3 losses in a row when we had a mini injury crisis.
    Personally I don’t read too much in to the table just yet. Far too much can happen. What is obvious is that we won’t adopt Chesterfields, Wrexham’s and Stockports **** or bust tactic. That doesn’t mean we can’t achieve what we need.
    Hartlepool achieved promotion despite being under 2 points per game.
    Harrogate and Barrow the same the year before.
    Orient and Salford the year before that.
    So IMO the 2 points a game average isn’t a must. Though clearly it would help.

I wonder if Notts tried to rearrange a match for the blank Saturday on Dec. 4 (maybe the midweek Wealdstone game in January), because we’ve got a very quiet month otherwise with just three league games - Southend at home, and Cheaterfield and King’s Lynn away. Not great for building momentum, but we definitely won’t have any excuses for leggy performances.

Our away results are pretty average (won 3, drawn 3, lost 3), so it’s ***** we maintain the strong home form (won 5, drawn 2, lost 1). The crazy thing is that our goal difference is better away (+4) than at home (+3), because of the freak Barnet and Woking results.

on my way home from the match.

Once again we dominated possession in the first half but passed it round the back most of the time. Nobody is willing to take on a man. Hell, we can’t even walk it forward and wait until pressed before passing it backwards. Running directly ahead through open space? Why bother when you can pass it sideways... or even better: backwards! Our goal, unsurprisingly, was from a set piece. I’m glad we got that right!

Second half opened up a lot, but they were the better team. We had *some* chances, but nothing organized - all from the odd scramble.

1-1 was a fair result. It could have been 2-1 to them.

One goal and one point from the last two games is simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I wonder if Notts tried to rearrange a match for the blank Saturday on Dec. 4 (maybe the midweek Wealdstone game in January),.
    Great idea - if we play them straight after their Bromley game they’ll be knackered so we’d have a good chance of picking up a result ��

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    This has got to be a good result away to an obviously decent side. Well done lads! (Just a shame about Saturday's debacle.)
    Who would have thought it, Notts getting a draw at the home of the mighty Boreham Wood in front of 800 fans and thinking it was a good result. How much lower can we sink?

Once again we have surrendered a lead. I dread to think how many games we have been in front and not got 3 points. On the other hand I can't remember us winning after being behind ( but I could have rose tinted spectacles on there). The spine in this side to me is still very questionable. Especially when Cameron doesn't start.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast