+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (27)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Everybody loves some body.
    Correct

That's 1964 done and dusted. It looks like the 1960s is too easy so maybe you need a harder challenge for the next one?

1. Now I shout it from the highest hills Even told the golden daffodils Secret Love Kathy Kirby
    2. I wish they would take a nap Little Children Billy J Kramer
    3. Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me Blue Christmas Elvis Presley
    4. I had to run away And get down on my knees and pray Needles and Pins The Searchers
    5. You're still glowin', you're still crowin' You're still goin' strong Hello Dolly Louis Armstrong
    6. You got me so I don't know what I'm doin' You Really Got Me The Kinks
    7. Come on, now (Say) come on, now (Say) come on, now (say) Shout Lulu
    8. But most of all I Love You Because Jim Reeves
    9. And every step I take recalls how much in love we used to be Always Something There To Remind Me Sandy Shaw
    10. Oh, mother, tell your children Not to do what I have done House Of The Rising Sun The Animals
    11. A pig is an animal With dirt on his face (yeah) His shoes are a terrible disgrace Swinging On A Star Big Dee Irwin
    12. Always onward, rode the six hundred 5 4 3 2 1 Manfred Mann
    13. Thrill me, let your kisses thrill me, yeah Oh, just like you alone can do Hold Me P J Proby
    14. My love bigger than a Cadillac I try to show it and you're drivin' me back Not Fade Away The Rolling Stones
    15. For every drop of rain that falls a flower grows I Believe The Bachelors
    16. I found out How good it feels, feels, feels To have your love Oh, oh Just One Look The Hollies
    17. She looked good, she looked fine And I nearly lost my mind Do Wah Diddy Diddy Manfred Mann
    18. But it's too late to say you're sorry How would I know, why should I care? She's Not There The Zombies
    19. All you gotta do is Hold her and kiss her and squeeze her And show her that you care Wishin' and Hopin' The Merseybeats
    20. I'm gettin' bugged driving up and down the same old strip I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip I Get Around The Beach Boys
    21. Woke up this morning feelin' fine I'm Into Something Good Herman's Hermits
    22. When the sun in the mornin' peeps over the hill And kisses the roses 'round my windowsill Mocking Bird Hill The Magil Five
    23. He may not be a movie star But when it comes to bein' happy we are My Guy Mary Wells
    24. Keep them another day For you might need them someday Don't Throw Your Love Away The Searchers
    25. I'll give you all I've got to give If you say you love me too Can't Buy Me Love The Beatles
    26. For the morning will bring joy For every girl and boy Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying Gerry and the Pacemakers
    27. I need you, I need you, I need you so And I'll never let you go My Boy Lollipop Millie
    28. I just can't get over losing you And so if I seem, broken and blue Walk On By Dionne Warwick
    29. Keep everything in the barnyard Upset in every way Little Red Rooster The Rolling Stones
    30. I press you, caress you, and bless the day you taught me to care Ramona The Bachelors
    31. My only prayer will be Some day you'll care for me It's Only Make Believe Billy Fury
    32. Grow up in rusty shack All I had was hangin' on my back. Tobacco Road The Nashville T.eens
    33. Something in your kiss just told me My sometime is now Everybody Loves Somebody Dean Martin
    34. We'll kiss all night I'll squeeze her tight Kissin' Cousins Elvis Presley
    35. All the way home I held a grudge For the safety belt that wouldn't budge No Particular Place To Go Chuck Berry
    36. Pretty eyes were never made to cry, they were made to see You Were Made For Me Freddie and the Dreamers
    37. Golden days before they end Whisper secrets to the wind It's Over Roy Orbison
    38. Please wait at the gate of heaven for me Terry Twinkle
    39. I'm on my own, nowhere to roam I tell you baby, don't want no home Don't Bring Me Down The Pretty Things
    40. She's happy as can be, you know I Feel Fine The Beatles
    41. When she was just a kid her clothes were hand me downs Rag Doll Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
    42. Lock me away And don't allow the day Here inside where I hide With my loneliness A World Without Love Peter and Gordon
    43. When you're shakin' And a shoutin' Can you hear your mama call Good Golly Miss Molly Swinging Blue Jeans
    44. And that's a long long time The Twelfth Of Never Cliff Richard
    45. Every time you go away, I always say This time it's goodbye, dear Anyone Who Had A Heart Cilla Black
    46. That's what my mama told me when I was about knee high Walk Tall Val Doonican
    47. Come on, baby, let me take you by my hand Come on, baby, let me take you by my hand Candy Man Brian Poole and the Tremeloes
    48. Planning everything for two And now that we're through I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself Dusty Springfield
    49. Well, I used to wake in the morning, get my breakfast in bed It's All Over Now The Rolling Stones
    50. We'd be together 'til the end of time Bits and Pieces The Dave Clark Five
    51. Our lips shouldn't touch Move Over Darling Doris Day
    52. Bright light city gonna set my soul Gonna set my soul on fire Viva Las Vegas Elvis Presley
    53. I've got this burning, burning, yearning feelin' inside me Where Did Our Love Go The Supremes
    54. I can hear the guitars playing lovely tunes When You Walk In The Room The Searchers
    55. You know I feel alright You know I feel alright Hard Day's Night The Beatles
    56. Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty Downtown Petula Clark
    57. Well, now you shake it to the left Hippy Hippy Shake Swinging Blue Jeans
    58. There's a time for us Someday a time for us Somewhere P J Proby
    59. 'Cause I need you, I'll treat you right Come with me baby, be mine tonight Oh, Pretty Woman Roy Orbison
    60. I love your tender lips My heart is at your fingertips I Wouldn't Trade You For The World The Bachelors

Couldn't have picked a better era for me Cam .... Music , girls ,Wm Stones and Wards beer, girls music, girls, music ,music...and a brand new 20 pin bowling alley

No, keep on with ones like this, CAM. Makes us all feel both clever and comfortably nostalgic!!

Thanks, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Couldn't have picked a better era for me Cam .... Music , girls ,Wm Stones and Wards beer, girls music, girls, music ,music...and a brand new 20 pin bowling alley
    Great pint of Wards Crinoline Bridge pub.Best music for me, blues, soul, Motown, great English bands. Thanks for the quizzes CAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Great pint of Wards Crinoline Bridge pub.Best music for me, blues, soul, Motown, great English bands. Thanks for the quizzes CAM.
    Totally agree Lolmorgan, Harry and Nellie and then Dennis all kept a great pint. The patrons seemed to be half measure transport and police personnel !

Thanks Cam, bit before my time, big older Sister and parents brought me up right so i remeber some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Thanks Cam, bit before my time, big older Sister and parents brought me up right so i remeber some of them.
    Be patient, an electronic, Stock Aitken Waterman fueled cornucopia coming your way in the not too distant future (so I'm lead to believe )

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Shouldn't you be in bed Jakey ?

CAM excellent work once again cheers. Although I was born in the 60’s I still find this the best music. You tend to pick music up in your t.eens etc but for me I always reverted to the 60’s, clear lyrics you could hear and understand along with great music to match.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast