+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Yeovil Town 19.11.22 [NL]

Let's be honest run that game 10 times and Notts win 8 of them IMO. Yes we ran out of ideas in the second half but we were unlucky not to score at least 1 yesterday. Their keeper did everything he needed to do which was unfortunate but they rode their luck as well as defended superbly.

[QUOTE=jurgenpie;40162676]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Unbelievable that we haven't won that based on these...

Attachment 22938

This seems more accurate 27 shots seemed high.
    All those corners and never looked like scoring from any of them, why are we so dire at corners

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Our home kits Ok, our away kit is a weedy, weak colour that I've never liked. Last one I liked was the Lincoln Green one. Their kit yesterday was truly awful.
    https://cdn.footballkitarchive.com/2...gmvY-small.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet's away kit last season.

Together with the sponsor and the expression on that player's face, that's some image to digest.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    https://cdn.footballkitarchive.com/2...gmvY-small.jpg

Dulwich Hamlet's away kit last season.

Together with the sponsor and the expression on that player's face, that's some image to digest.
    Was this it, UTM? linky no work.

Great little ground at Dulwich with enthusiastic youthful fans. Plus beer tents and stalls at all corners in the ground meaning very quick and easy access to liquid refreshments during the game.

Well worth a visit if you are in this part of London.

I like their colours, adds a little to the experience and atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Memo to fans - if the idea is to create a hostile home environment, showing the torch thingy on your phones doesn't help. Cringeworthy.
    On the other hand, if the idea is to create an atmosphere where kids as well as adults supporting either team enjoy themselves and feel "welcome", as opposed to "intimidated", then it does no harm. I wasn't participating in it, but personally I thought the starlight effect around the ground as the dusk fell was quite an impressive sight, and I'm sure the kids and some parents enjoyed it. I don't think it was advantageous or detrimental to our performance on the pitch, so just ignore or enjoy it as you wish, but don't be a misery.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It's just as bad as our away kit. Our home kit is not that great either.
    To be fair, I don’t like the home or away this season.
    Away is bland and home is uninspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You mean someone like...er...Wooton?
    The option of a tall, robust twenty goal striker even if he's on the bench is always a good option no matter what football we're playing. In the end we were pumping in crosses and Kyle Wootton or someone like him would perhaps have made the difference.
    We were due a blank, first of the season it's just a shame yesterday was the day of came.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    so just ignore or enjoy it as you wish, but don't be a misery.
    Sorry, it's compulsory at my age.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Disagree with this. It’s ok to say we needed someone to run at the defence or dribble the ball….but there was literally no where to dribble the ball to once we got to the penalty box, there’s not a man on earth who could’ve dribbled past that lot. Castro’s introduction had that intention, and he managed it to a certain degree but Yeovil we’re just too tightly packed and well disciplined. Nemanes inclusion wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference.

No one is saying we should ditch our style of play but when plan B is needed we need a better option than Mitchell off the bench. LW probably recognised we needed a presence in the box judging by his introduction….but he’s just not very good. He may have a good attitude but he is just so so ineffective.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
    Agreed. There was no level of skill that was dancing it’s way through that pink wall yesterday.
    It’s very easy to see pockets of space when you’re elevated 40 feet up in the stands. If you’re on that pitch it’s just a mass of pink shirts. I love our style of play and would be reluctant to see us abandon those principles but a good plan b would have been to get the ball into the box from deeper. Someone like Wootton may well not be scoring the headers but he’d pressure the defenders into hashing the clearance, and that’s where we may have been able to feed on the scraps.
    For how often we need a plan B, I don’t think it’s a critical requirement. It just highlighted that Mitchell isn’t that player and, IMO, just makes up the numbers.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast