+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Morrison out for the rest of the season?

He might not be injured

Are they waiting for medical assessment/scans before saying anything?

Brian asked Adam Oxley tonight on Radio Sheffield & he asked if he had heard anything. He said he hadn’t but would look into it. Frankly I don’t understand the cloak & dagger on this.

I can understand the secrecy to a point, but what is the problem in confirming or denying it?

The local reporter has said nothing at all and blanked any questions on the matter

Of more interest to me, if it is true, is that the club should investigate who is leaking any information if it is the specific wish of the club not to release this??
    Last edited by Nardendee; 30-01-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Made me chuckle that one, Scum
    👍 👍 👍
    and me. V good!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Brian asked Adam Oxley tonight on Radio Sheffield & he asked if he had heard anything. He said he hadn’t but would look into it. Frankly I don’t understand the cloak & dagger on this.

I can understand the secrecy to a point, but what is the problem in confirming or denying it?

The local reporter has said nothing at all and blanked any questions on the matter

Of more interest to me, if it is true, is that the club should investigate who is leaking any information if it is the specific wish of the club not to release this??
    If they are looking for a replacement in this window then maybe not wanting to tip their hand as to how desperate our search is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

Yes it's a strange one. The club is usually quite upfront about injuries even if they are waiting for the result of a scan on a player so the silence about Morrison is baffling.
    Let's hope this story is all just a malicious rumour and Morrison is fine, but, if that's the case, why hasn't the club said so?
    As I said, strange 🤔.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If they are looking for a replacement in this window then maybe not wanting to tip their hand as to how desperate our search is?
    I get that CAM. I really do. That’s why confidentiality is important. Why do key board warriors try and act like reporters and regard “in confidence” as some licence to publish such confidential information promoting some sort of self importance as privy to it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure we really need a replacement, but if MT decides we do, it will almost certainly be a loan so hopefully desperation won't come into it.

Plus the club loaning the player would want to know if they are going to get game time or not, so would want know players competing in same position.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Plus the club loaning the player would want to know if they are going to get game time or not, so would want know players competing in same position.
    And like the clothes in a charity shop - well picked over

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast