+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 120 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Imagine a vaccine so safe you have to be coerced to take it, for a disease so deadly you have to be tested to know you have it"
    So 1.5m deaths worldwide isn’t deadly? These are mostly figures only for those who died in hospital in many probably most countries. The full death rate is higher.

They are an underestimation because even in the US deaths are not recorded fully so that after four weeks, only 54% of deaths have been fully recorded; by eight weeks this figure is 75%, and it doesn’t reach 100% until almost a year after the date of death.

Similar delays in reporting exist for all countries to varying extents.

Who is coercing it’s a free world, take it or leave it. Have you not had TB measles or polio or any vaccines? The purpose of a vaccine is to reduce death rates, protect the vulnerable, prevent spread to others and avoid the morbidity that can result.
    Polio didn’t kill many, neither does measles, COVID seems to kill more, but for those who survive these illnesses, life changing consequences can result and life expectancy can be shortened.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 04-12-2020 at 03:12 PM.

About 50,000 people die every day across the globe from poverty and starvation.

No doubt WHO have managed to integrate those statistics into COVID deaths?

But please read again: About 50,000 people die every day across the globe from poverty and starvation.

That's eight million souls lost every year to easily preventable deaths and no-one seems to give a flying f**k.

What on earth are we all doing?

Coronavirus has Not Raised Total US Death Toll

According to new data, the U.S. currently ranks first in total COVID-19 cases, new cases per day and deaths. Genevieve Briand, assistant program director of the Applied Economics master’s degree program at Hopkins, critically analyzed the effect of COVID-19 on U.S. deaths using data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in her webinar titled “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data.”

She explained that the significance of COVID-19 on U.S. deaths can be fully understood only through comparison to the number of total deaths in the United States.

After retrieving data on the CDC website, Briand compiled a graph representing percentages of total deaths per age category from early February to early September, which includes the period from before COVID-19 was detected in the U.S. to after infection rates soared.

Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19. Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201126...ue-to-covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    About 50,000 people die every day across the globe from poverty and starvation.

No doubt WHO have managed to integrate those statistics into COVID deaths?

But please read again: About 50,000 people die every day across the globe from poverty and starvation.

That's eight million souls lost every year to easily preventable deaths and no-one seems to give a flying f**k.

What on earth are we all doing?
    Very sad and thought provoking, however that’s a new thread BT, nothing to do with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    So 1.5m deaths worldwide isn’t deadly? These are mostly figures only for those who died in hospital in many probably most countries. The full death rate is higher.
    I've seen slightly differing figures quoted on the % of Covid sufferers who die after contracting the virus, but they are all in the same ball park area, and that ball park area is under 1%. Putting it the other way round, more than 99% of the people who catch it will live to tell the tale, which means it's not very deadly at all.

I've seen slightly differing figures quoted on the % of Covid sufferers who die after contracting the virus, but they are all in the same ball park area, and that ball park area is under 1%. Putting it the other way round, more than 99% of the people who catch it will live to tell the tale, which means it's not very deadly at all.

and that.....is the official word.

as for the rest...

it's a kind of magic.

I have to give the mad scientist credit Norder, it's 7 months ago that he was saying that it would see off less than 1% of those infected, and so it has turned out, he was correct back then, and he's correct now. Strangely though, despite all the evidence that it isn't, this idea that it's a 'deadly' disease persists, it's almost as if some people just want to believe it, but why ?

60,617 (and counting) UK families would disagree Sinkov.

That's more than the population of the entire Ribble Valley.

Yesterday 2923 Americans died of Covid - about the same as died on 911.

Try telling their families that it is not deadly.

The fact is that if you are 65 or older, then catching Covid has a massively greater threat of death than for younger people.

If you are 44 or under then the threat is negligible.

If you are between 65-74 then the risk is 3.1% (about one in 32)

If you are 74 or older the risk is 11.6% (about one in 8.6)

Well I was really worried last week because they changed my blood pressure medication that had been controlling everything for 17 years.
    Within days my blood pressure had gone up to 200/110 on a daily basis. I was due an appointment with the nurse after one week to see how things were and she was apoplectic at the reading and got the doctor to ring me at home within the hour. Guess what, he put me back on the original medication and within two days my blood pressure was 135/78 and has remained so.

My question is, had I had a stroke and eded up in hospital, been tested for Covid, found positive and then died ---would I have been a victim of Covid or a victim of the pharmacist who insisted that a change of medication would be ideal?
    Just asking --because I am 74 in a couple of weeks time!

Sinkov
    Again I say it’s not just deaths the vaccine prevents.

This is a review of long COVID

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.c...irstPass=false

It includes these.

scientists at King’s College London, found that around 1 in 7 patients had COVID-19 symptoms lasting for at least 4 weeks, around 1 in 20 were ill for 8 weeks and 1 in 50 experienced symptoms for more than 12 weeks[3]. It suggested that long COVID affects around 10% of people aged 18-49 years who become unwell with COVID-19, and 22% of those aged 70 years or over.

the first peer-reviewed study of the condition, published in JAMA in July 2020, Italian researchers found that 87.4% of patients reported at least one persistent symptom an average of 60 days after their initial COVID-19 diagnosis and 55.0% had three or more persistent symptoms[2].

Fatigue, shortness of breath, headaches, and joint and muscular pain are among the most common symptoms.

A report, published by the British Society for Immunology on 13 August 2020, said that the SARS-CoV-2 virus (the virus that causes COVID-19 infection) may cause long-term damage to different organs through a variety of mechanisms; direct effects of viral infection and tissue damage; excessive inflammation and subsequent damage; post-viral autoimmunity; and complications emerging from the formation of blood clots.

1 in 50 of 66 million diagnosed is going to have long term consequences for us all.

Page 120 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)