+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 120 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Really. 31% do not travel by car. How many of the 12% of walkers will then choose the option of a car along with the 10% who bus it then walk and the 9% who already use the bus. Very few of the those people will be able to take a single bus to the game and even fewer will be walking. I can see the new ststistic of car travellers if the current crowds are maintained being in excess of 80% if they don't mind the traffic.
    One of the reasons I presume the walkers walk, is to frequent some refreshements before and after.
    the club will have a bar, which means additional revenue for the club and I anticipate that some will opt to make more of the club facilities and sit out any traffic issues in the club bar.

What is our average attendance? say 12,500.
    12% of that is 1500 walkers.
    Its entirely possible we could attract more than that for a stadium with better facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    LOL, what stereotypical bull****.

I'm a "toonser" who's moved out of town.
    So is Mek

As I showed above, only 12% purely walk to Pittodrie. Everybody else must come from somewhere
    Calm doon I was joking about everyone that lives in the country sounds funny bit.

I find this theory ridiculous though that most fans that go to Pittodrie live outside of the city because they drive their cars

Aberdeens quite a big place, you expect people who live in places like Cults, Garthdee, Northfield, Dyce etc etc to walk to Pittodrie?

delurking....

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I didn't want to join this debate but how many ****agers (say) from Kincorth , Northfield or Torry are going to get out to Kingsford? Doesn't matter where it is it's still a drive. Mind you once they have 2.2 kids and a house in the commuter belt they'll have loads of time to go to (insert greenbelt location of your choice). .
    ...assumes the 2.2 kids aren't interested in going with their parents (in a car) or when they are in their ****s don't get a lift then go meet their mates or when they reach 17 don't all have cars (or 5 of the 2.2ers jammed into a car). Are only the kids from the toon allowed to support Aberdeen?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Calm doon I was joking about everyone that lives in the country sounds funny bit.

I find this theory ridiculous though that most fans that go to Pittodrie live outside of the city because they drive their cars

Aberdeens quite a big place, you expect people who live in places like Cults, Garthdee, Northfield, Dyce etc etc to walk to Pittodrie?
    Does that not make my point.
    Only 12% only walk. the rest take some sort of transportation to the game.

I'm no spring chicken, but none of these areas (maybe Westhill apart) are tenfold their size from when I was a loon.

OK , I admit pulled that oot me erse but there was a lot of fields outside the drive.

how many from those areas attend now?
    Its arguably just as easy, if not easier to get to Kingsford from Northfield than it is to Pittodrie.
    Theres a bus that goes out past the Lang Stracht

One bus, that's still after a (memory excuse) 9 or 10 from Torry : 25 from Kincorth or oh guess work 12? from Northfield?

I agree there are infrastructure challanges, of which the AWPR will no doubt help and be a vast improvement on Pittodrie.
    Theres also greater opportunity for further development than there is at Pittodrie.

Result we agree!
    Staying at Pittodrie means a likely over time reduction in revenue.
    change give us the opportunity to advance.
    Didn't entirely suggest staying at Pittodrie just believe the city should be the hub.

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    delurking....

...assumes the 2.2 kids aren't interested in going with their parents (in a car) or when they are in their ****s don't get a lift then go meet their mates or when they reach 17 don't all have cars (or 5 of the 2.2ers jammed into a car). Are only the kids from the toon allowed to support Aberdeen?
    Of course not! but if they live in toon they have the choice regardless. It was a long time ago and not so many folk had cars but none of my ****age mates parents took them to the game . If that make me a dinosaur - fair enough but i suspect high density housing gives a club a better chance of filling the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Really. 31% do not travel by car. How many of the 12% of walkers will then choose the option of a car along with the 10% who bus it then walk and the 9% who already use the bus. Very few of the those people will be able to take a single bus to the game and even fewer will be walking. I can see the new ststistic of car travellers if the current crowds are maintained being in excess of 80% if they don't mind the traffic.
    While admittedly Sunday was a Sunday, with my car parked at East End pitches, I was supping a pint at Garlogie by 5.20. For nearly all drivers, Kingsford will beat that easily no matter which direction you're going.

I cannot for the life of me fathom how roads infrastructure is a stumbling block and a huge part of the ****S campaign, when it's at the crossroads of two countryside dual carraigeways?

Does that not make my point.
    Only 12% only walk. the rest take some sort of transportation to the game.
    I thought your point was that most people who go to games live outside of the city?

The guy with the orangutan as an avatar was suggesting that.

One thing is for sure, if the Kingsford stadium gets built there will be 0% walking to the football, I cant see much folk from Westhill going to games by the fuss they are causing

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    While admittedly Sunday was a Sunday, with my car parked at East End pitches, I was supping a pint at Garlogie by 5.20. For nearly all drivers, Kingsford will beat that easily no matter which direction you're going.

I cannot for the life of me fathom how roads infrastructure is a stumbling block and a huge part of the ****S campaign, when it's at the crossroads of two countryside dual carraigeways?
    Indeed, wtih the beach blocking of 50% of potential routes and the lack of road capacity around it, Kingsford will improve traffic to and from the ground.

It would also ease a main route through Aberdeen along King Street.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I cant see much folk from Westhill going to games by the fuss they are causing

Don't believe the sh!te they come out with. Around 20 folk causing a stink and working hard to convince other people who don't go anyway that it's a bad idea and to object. And these are the sort that always get the sympathetic ear from local authority.

The majority of Westhill either don't give 2 sh!ts or are for the development - but there's no real organised "Yes" brigade to shout about it.

Personally I'm with OBI and Stav - if it's the best thing for the club, so be it. I'll still attend and support them. But I remain to be convinced that it definitely is the best thing and would much prefer to remain on the Pittodrie site if possible. If anyone's got £50m loose change kicking about feel free to redevelop Pittodrie with it.

Page 120 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast