+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1719

Thread: Next manager

i forgot one of my business colleagues is a Tranmere ST. He hopes to god we dont go for him as feels he is an excellent manager who plays attacking football and he takes no **** from any player. All one persons view but a couple of plusses and having just seen Mark McGhee picture above im hoping it not him

The way I see it, Mackay and Wright are ruled out so I'm not even taking them into consideration. Mackay because of the messages and the reaction it would cause and Wright because he doesn't fit the structure and if he wanted the job, why hasn't he applied? So its Mellon for me as there is literally no one else on the 'short' list.

Cheers for that 😂

she a biiiiig lady

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    she a biiiiig lady
    You would though, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    You would though, wouldn't you?
    aye just to say i had

actually she lost a 100 stone or something so i defo would

Sorry to derail the thread 😋 but there's a glowing report on Mellon from a Tranmere fan on EF just now. Says a lot of good things about him and won't be happy to lose him.

TRANMERE FAN JUST POSTED THIS ON EF:

"Hi all Tranmere fan here,

Lets me start by saying I really hope he doesn't join you- which is a good sign

If he does then ignore the demotion we have had, we have for most of the season had a team that consisted of mainly the same players from the National League, he is a fantastic manager

If he comes you will be the fittest team in the league, that is a guarantee. He does not take fools and if you get on the wrong side of him you will be out the team, that is the way he operates.

If there was one criticism of him it would be sometimes he leaves substitutions too long

If you look at his record though, he massively overachieved at Shrewsbury and then has taken us on 2 promotions in a row when we were a mid table league two side budget wise. He gets the best out of players as well

As I say if does go to you and you give him time you have one of the best managers within England imo and he will do a great job for you!"

THEN WENT ON TO SAY THIS ABOUT HIS PLAYING STYLE:

" Normally a 433 or a 451 with a creative midfielder, its not defensive though

He likes a forward with pace to play through the middle. When we had Andy Cook and Norwood, Cook played as a target man with Norwood on the right hand side of 3 forwards but certainly in the 451 he prefers a pacy forward.

I wouldn't be too shocked if he does go if you don't get James Norwood on loan from Ipswich to be honest, Micky got the best out of him".

Page 124 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)