+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 126 of 923 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Steady Adi...one thing I really can't be accused of is being 'fickle'. If nothing else I've been consistent.
    Neither am I saying that four months tells us all we need to know about the consequences of Brexit. It is true though that, in that period, Sterling has gone down, the price of imports has gone up and no one seems clear about what 'Brexit' means.

Interesting decision in the High Court this morning.
    Maybe the European Court will have to decide.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-11-2016 at 10:30 AM.

I notice Nigel Farage has risen from his crypt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I notice Nigel Farage has risen from his crypt
    Oh God, has he? Every silver lining has a cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh God, has he? Every silver lining has a cloud.
    Seriously, UKIP has just refound its MOJO. every English and Welsh MP will now be bricking themselves, my guess at their thought process will be that if they are seen to be voting against Art 50, enough leavers will jump ship to UKIP at the next election to make it a real risk that they will be unseated - and for that matter that we have a 'very strange' new govt in 2020, or whenever

Take your point Andy. My hope is that enough of the original Brexiteers recognise the con and now wish to disassociate themselves from anything to do with Farage/UKIP. Also that sufficient numbers of the Remain campaign manage to put aside their differences and form a moderate centre left alliance that, under the guidance of an effective leader, puts the well being of all the country at the forefront of its aims rather than being governed by knee jerk reaction to far right and not quite so far left ideologies.

A Farage/Johnson/Gove/Fox/Corbyn/Abbott/Banks/Rudd free world would suit me fine...possibly more chance of us winning 5-0 on Saturday...but I did say it was just a hope.

Take your point Andy. My hope is that enough of the original Brexiteers recognise the con and now wish to disassociate themselves from anything to do with Farage/UKIP. Also that sufficient numbers of the Remain campaign manage to put aside their differences and form a moderate centre left alliance that, under the guidance of an effective leader, puts the well being of all the country at the forefront of its aims rather than being governed by knee jerk reaction to far right and not quite so far left ideologies.

A Farage/Johnson/Gove/Fox/Corbyn/Abbott/Banks/Rudd free world would suit me fine...possibly more chance of us winning 5-0 on Saturday...but I did say it was just a hope.
    IMO you are being a bit Utopian, MPs will be bothered about what keeps them in the plague pit for another term. And also IMO UKIP will make one Hell of a noise about this.

You have to ask yourself, do you want Britain out of EU, or Britain in EU and UKIP in government (or at least holding the balance of power)

As usual, I'm not making a political point, just reading the tea leaves
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 03-11-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    IMO you are being a bit Utopian, MPs will be bothered about what keeps them in the plague pit for another term. And also IMO UKIP will make one Hell of a noise about this.

You have to ask yourself, do you want Britain out of EU, or Britain in EU and UKIP in government (or at least holding the balance of power)

As usual, I'm not making a political point, just reading the tea leaves
    Joining the 'soothsayers' eh, Andy?
    What a horrible dilemma you provide us with. Can't I have the third way...the UK remains in a fairer and less bureaucratic EU and UKIP gets out of the UK...please?
    Oh...and Derby winning the playoffs too would be nice.

As you say...'a bit Utopian' but a man can dream.

Joining the 'soothsayers' eh, Andy?
    What a horrible dilemma you provide us with. Can't I have the third way...the UK remains in a fairer and less bureaucratic EU and UKIP gets out of the UK...please?
    Oh...and Derby winning the playoffs too would be nice.

As you say...'a bit Utopian' but a man can dream.
    Like Lots!!!!!!

Quite how 37% of the electorate is going to elect a UKIP government defies all maths but hey ho!

I do find it ironic that the Brexit camp are now complaining that the democratically elected sovereign parliament will now have the opportunity to debate and vote on Brexit or at least its terms! I seem to recall they were wanting to leave the EU so that the Uk parliament could regain its power to do such a thing!

Its also interesting with the Nissan deal, signs that the government saying "hard" Brexit publicly is not what they are saying privately!

Page 126 of 923 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)