+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 128 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2344

Thread: Every day the vaccine rolls out

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    19 covid deaths in England yesterday is that really a pandemic when 1500 die every day?
    Deaths always lower on a Sunday though but just let them get on with it as long as they are all tested before being allowed to cross the border.
    We had zero reported deaths on Sunday so do we just consider the it the end of the pandemic?.

so, 19 reported deaths on the last day of lockdown. lets see where we are in 3 weeks.

19 covid deaths in England yesterday is that really a pandemic when 1500 die every day?
    Im not sure i am understanding what your point is, but this is a Global Pandemic, and who knows what the parameters are to say its over!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Im not sure i am understanding what your point is, but this is a Global Pandemic, and who knows what the parameters are to say its over!
    My point was there’s 1400 odd deaths by other means so overall it’s not a significant number and 23 deaths today so far in uk from covid.Just like to know what constitutes a pandemic as all this is as clear as mud

1922 member,FACT.

It’s a fair point Troon but I think they will air on the side of caution due to previous death numbers so even though numbers are as low as **** they won’t accelerate the opening up dates and will still class this as a pandemic

The finishing line is nearly in sight, nearly April now, get the boozers open ffs 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    It’s a fair point Troon but I think they will air on the side of caution due to previous death numbers so even though numbers are as low as **** they won’t accelerate the opening up dates and will still class this as a pandemic

The finishing line is nearly in sight, nearly April now, get the boozers open ffs ��
    Its not a fair point at all,its the point of someone who is safe saying,"I could not give a flying phuck about some of the elderly dying just allow the rest of us to go back to the old normal.
    Its been made perfectly clear to me that i'm not allowed to be political on this board but everyone reading this will know that troonarab is being political without nailing his colours to the mast.
    If he and others carry on with their ultra right wing
    views i am wading right in there against them.FACT.
    When the phuck are some O these right wingers gonna engage with fellow Arabs and Scots on other threads?.Its like the Russian interference in the USA elections on here at times
    What makes it FN worse is its not just them being accomodated on here but being supported to a certain extent by the MODS.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 29-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.

There are so called Arabs who have only appeared on here when i have backed the FM when she has been abused by Mods and other posters and that's a FACT.
    Not FN one of them have appeared on SB 71's thread about their Arab history because they havnie FN got one,FACT.At some point the Mods on this board will need to decide if they are willing to allow a poster who is involved in almost every thread is to be banned for life when he only defend's his political beliefs against posters who could not give a flying phuck about DUFC.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 29-03-2021 at 10:24 PM.

My point was there’s 1400 odd deaths by other means so overall it’s not a significant number and 23 deaths today so far in uk from covid.Just like to know what constitutes a pandemic as all this is as clear as mud
    When talking figures, I can only talk about Scotland as thats frankly all i am interested in. So i start off with reports that we have reported 3 days without a death recorded here! Wow, Great, Lets get the pubs open!

Well no! I wish it were as simple as that, but we are still seeing a 7 day average of 530 new infections each day, and while the trend is down, all the virus needs to do is find a host that causes a mutation that Kents or Brazils it again, makes it more transmissible, or even worse, makes it more deadly to young age groups or hides the virus from the vaccinations and we are back to last March!

Lockdown has driven the daily infection figures down, the vaccination programme is stopping the most virus vulnerable from serious symptoms, and different drug treatments are helping the non-vaccinated if they end up in hospital. But that is only Scotland as part of the UK, and a few other countries who are ahead of us with their vaccination efforts.

However, as this is a Global Pandemic, it doesnt matter what happens here, and you only have to look at what is happening in Europe to see why, but it is only the WHO that can declare the pandemic as beaten!

The great effort continues, and the lockdown measures do seem to still be working, but reductions are slow week on week!

Dose 1 Vaccination progress by age group with Dose 2 reported as appropriate.
    Over 80s, 97.8% – 28% (25.3)
    75-79, 100%
    70-74, 100%
    65-69, 98%
    60-64, 98.1% (97.8)
    55-59, 78.4% (76.2)
    50-54, 55.4% (53)
    40-49, 30.7% (30.4)
    30-39, 21.9% (21.6)
    16-29, 13.9% (13.7)

Page 128 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)