+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 129 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3002

Thread: The Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    The US recorded its highest level of coronavirus deaths in a single day on Wednesday, just two weeks after the Thanksgiving holiday period when health experts warned Americans not to travel or gather.

According to the Johns Hopkins University tracker, 3,124 deaths were recorded, with an additional 221,276 cases identified. It is the first time the US has recorded more than 3,000 deaths in a single day.

The US healthcare system is under considerable pressure: hospitalisations from Covid were also at a record on Wednesday, at 106,000.

Some states including California, Texas and Rhode Island have been setting up field hospitals in order to cope with the potential overflow patients as intensive care units (ICU) across the country fill up. The demand is being felt nationwide: in El Paso last week just 13 of the 400 ICU beds were unoccupied. Albuquerque had no free beds, while Fargo in North Dakota had just three.

I guess that death rates will rise further as it’s only 2 weeks post Thanksgiving and deaths usually occur after 3-4 weeks. If the US doesn’t act to control travel over the Festive Season things will go much worse in the new year.

Dr Robert Redfield, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said: “The reality is December and January and February are going to be rough times. I actually believe they are going to be the most difficult time in the public health history of this nation.”
    When I was living in and out of the US in the 1980's, I seem to recall about 7,000 US citizens died every day. A quick fact checker shows no real difference between now and then, just more deaths being "attributed" to COVID. Not arguing, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When I was living in and out of the US in the 1980's, I seem to recall about 7,000 US citizens died every day. A quick fact checker shows no real difference between now and then, just more deaths being "attributed" to COVID. Not arguing, just saying.
    CDC my fact checker BT

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Around 60000 deaths expected a week now that’s 9500 a day

The orange line is the expected rate.
    The red x indicates weeks with excess deaths

Attachment 17759

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    CDC my fact checker BT

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

Around 60000 deaths expected a week now that’s 9500 a day

The orange line is the expected rate.
    The red x indicates weeks with excess deaths

Attachment 17759
    Oops 8500 a day

7000 a day in 1985 with no life threatening "Pandemic", to 8500 a day in 2020 held in the grip of the COVID nightmare is not such a quantum leap really, is it OC?

I've just read news from across the study (following anti-vax injections), ten patients became sufficiently ill with Covid-19 to require hospitalisation, but all were in the control arm.

Nah!

7000 a day in 1985 with no life threatening "Pandemic", to 8500 a day in 2020 held in the grip of the COVID nightmare is not such a quantum leap really, is it OC?
    If you go to the website it lets you click on a week and gives you average deaths, and expected deaths
    For week of Nov 21 these are 55.8k and 63.3k. So around 7.5 k excess deaths or 1000 a day that week.

I've just read news from across the study (following anti-vax injections), ten patients became sufficiently ill with Covid-19 to require hospitalisation, but all were in the control arm.

Nah!
    The control arm didn’t get the vaccine so 10 out of 22000 got the virus very severely in the time of the trial and none of those immunised did.

An old dude down the bottom of our road has passed away. He has struggled over the last few years with COPD and less than two years ago he was also diagnosed with brain cancer. Sadly he died in hospital last weekend.

Cause of death: Corona virus.

An old dude down the bottom of our road has passed away. He has struggled over the last few years with COPD and less than two years ago he was also diagnosed with brain cancer. Sadly he died in hospital last weekend.

Cause of death: Corona virus.
    Talking to a mate of mine in Burnley last night, a guy he knows over there, quite well known in Burnley, was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, was told there was nothing they could do and not given long to live, took him into hospital a couple of weeks ago, tested positive for Covid and sadly didn't last long.

Another Covid death statistic.

"They" certainly know how to rack up the fear factor sinkov.

Page 129 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)