+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not going to end, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Why are you toeing the corporate line mon ami?

The average daily number of symptomatic cases among unvaccinated people was 17,581, down 22 per cent on the previous week. The number of cases among partly or fully vaccinated people, by contrast, rose by 40 per cent over the same period.

Apologies I forgot you have been vaccinated, but really what was the point?
    BT --percentages are nothing to gauge anything from. As I said the death rate in Northumberland went up 100% this month ----really shocking. It was 1 in the first week of the month and 2 last week ---an increase of 100% ---I am pleased that I am not a worrier and can evaluate these figures for exactly what they are.

Your vaccinated people showing a rise of 40% could quite easily be 10 people and it has risen to 14 ---that is 40% and proves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT --percentages are nothing to gauge anything from. As I said the death rate in Northumberland went up 100% this month ----really shocking. It was 1 in the first week of the month and 2 last week ---an increase of 100% ---I am pleased that I am not a worrier and can evaluate these figures for exactly what they are.

Your vaccinated people showing a rise of 40% could quite easily be 10 people and it has risen to 14 ---that is 40% and proves nothing.
    Statistics mask all sorts of nonsense Supersub6 as we all know. In the real world I'm glad I'm not having to fork out a grand to get back from an "amber listed country" to avoid quarantine like our next door neighbour has just done.

Our Hastings office has had to close down temporarily because 70% of the staff have been "pinged" despite not one of them having any Covid symptoms whatsoever.

Sinkov's lunatics really have overrun the asylum. It's every man for himself now.

Why are you toeing the corporate line mon ami?

The average daily number of symptomatic cases among unvaccinated people was 17,581, down 22 per cent on the previous week. The number of cases among partly or fully vaccinated people, by contrast, rose by 40 per cent over the same period.

Apologies I forgot you have been vaccinated, but really what was the point?
    I'm not toeing any corporate line BT, I have no doubt that mask wearing has next to no effect on transmission of the virus, I've posted my views on the futility of masks on numerous occasions over the last 12 months so I'm not going to repeat myself, except to say they are not actually my views, but those of numerous scientists and health professionals who are experts in their field, but whose views have been suppressed by politicians and the media since the WHO changed their recommendation last summer.

But life is full of compromises BT, there are several reasons I wear a mask despite realising the utter futility of it as a protection against the virus. It would bore you if I explained all of them here but one example is the paper shop. I know the couple who run it, they are terrified of testing positive or being pinged, it would mean closing down their business and losing their livelihood. If it did happen to them they would suspect maskless customers of being the cause, I do not want them to suspect that I might have been the cause of them having to close their business down, I value their friendship far too much for them to think that of me, so I'll continue to wear a mask when I go into their shop.

On the point of being vaccinated, good question, I wonder about the answer myself. it has certainly not been the passport to freedom I was promised when I decided to get vaxxed, but it has other benefits. It has given Mrs S and other members of my family some peace of mind, we've only seen our son twice in the last few months for instance, I doubt we'd have seen him at all if we hadn't been double jabbed. I have no problem whatsoever with your decision to decline their kind offer, your body, your life, your choice, entirely up to you mon ami.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-07-2021 at 08:11 AM.

If the reported deaths in 2 to 3 weeks time doesn't follow the current rise in new cases - and that's been the reporting lag in previous transmission peaks - it would suggest that vaccination at least reduces the chances of popping your clogs when you get it.
    Even then it isn't provable as the most vulnerable have already been culled and maybe those that are left are better able to survive it.
    That said, I think many folk are past caring, but like Sinkov, I'm glad I've had the jabs as I have a bit more peace of mind about my personal safety, the peace of mind it gives others and the increased possibility of going on holiday etc. Although I'm not planning on going out clubbing any time soon.
    Missus is still cautious though - she's ordered free lateral flow tests ( http://https://www.gov.uk/order-coro...ral-flow-tests ) so she can check for lepers when we have folk round.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    If the reported deaths in 2 to 3 weeks time doesn't follow the current rise in new cases - and that's been the reporting lag in previous transmission peaks - it would suggest that vaccination at least reduces the chances of popping your clogs when you get it.
    Even then it isn't provable as the most vulnerable have already been culled and maybe those that are left are better able to survive it.
    That said, I think many folk are past caring, but like Sinkov, I'm glad I've had the jabs as I have a bit more peace of mind about my personal safety, the peace of mind it gives others and the increased possibility of going on holiday etc. Although I'm not planning on going out clubbing any time soon.
    Missus is still cautious though - she's ordered free lateral flow tests ( http://https://www.gov.uk/order-coro...ral-flow-tests ) so she can check for lepers when we have folk round.
    Your constant reference to "lepers" is how I imagine this bollox to pan our wanderlust. Us unvaccinated will be forced to wear a bell around our necks and scream "Unclean" as we go about our business.

Your constant reference to "lepers" is how I imagine this bollox to pan our wanderlust. Us unvaccinated will be forced to wear a bell around our necks and scream "Unclean" as we go about our business.
    Not necessary at all BT ----you and Wanderlust can just tell them that you are living in Bolton ---I'm sure that that will suffice!

I think you lot should be requisitioned to push the carts round as the bodies pile up BT, shouting 'bring out your dead', there will be plenty of gainful employment for you, as the restrictions are ending and the virus is being allowed to rip unchecked through the country.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think you lot should be requisitioned to push the carts round as the bodies pile up BT, shouting 'bring out your dead', there will be plenty of gainful employment for you, as the restrictions are ending and the virus is being allowed to rip unchecked through the country.
    You do have the most splendid ideas sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    You do have the most splendid ideas sinkov.
    It's you that will be getting knocked on the head outwood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg&t=5s

It's you that will be getting knocked on the head outwood...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg&t=5s
    See the violence inherent in the system.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)