+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Covid Trump

Oooh YouTube videos. It’s just like Tricky’s back on board.

Isn’t it a bit strange posting videos claiming Trump’s going to win when he clearly isn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Isn’t it a bit strange posting videos claiming Trump’s going to win when he clearly isn’t?
    I think 'clearly' is pushing it a bit at this point. A total sh1tshow of an election process.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think 'clearly' is pushing it a bit at this point. A total sh1tshow of an election process.
    If you still think he has a chance Swale, get your money on here, 4-1!

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...on-2020/winner

Interesting to see how the odds might have changed over the last 24hrs or so

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politi...tial-race-2020

Biden at 81.5% chance of winning according to that

I think and hope that ultimately he'll win but I fear there's still a chance of TSCS (Trumpian Supreme Court Skullduggery)

By the way you can still get 24/5 at some bookies if you're quick

Craig Murray
    Historian, Former Ambassador, Human Rights Activist

"From the viewpoint of US domestic policy and particularly attitudes to social division, race and immigration, the end of Trump’s cynical manipulation of atavistic instinct among the electorate will be in itself a good thing. This has not been a healthy period in US politics.

But Trump has not been defeated by a Bernie Sanders; he has been defeated by a corrupt political hack backed to the hilt by the large majority of the billionaire owned media, financed out of Wall street and with no intention of pursuing anything other than neo-liberal economic policies. It is also the firm re-establishment of the rule of the security state and the military-industrial complex. Trump’s instinctive isolationism made him an enemy of the security state interest which spent a great deal of time in trying to undermine its President.

With Biden we will return to business as usual, and that means war and invasions. Under Trump we have had no new wars started, even if he continued old ones with little control. Without Trump, I have not the tiniest doubt that Syria would have been bombed back to the Stone Age, exactly like Libya, and millions more people would have been killed. Irrespective of the undoubted damage Trump has caused inside the United States across many fronts, Hillary would have killed a lot more people. Just not Americans."

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Interesting to see how the odds might have changed over the last 24hrs or so

https://www.actionnetwork.com/politi...tial-race-2020

Biden at 81.5% chance of winning according to that
    It has to be one of the strangest betting markets I've ever seen. It's almost unheard of in political betting that in a two horse race both participants have been as low as 1/4 within a matter of hours. There was some big money to be made if you were shrewd enough and brave enough.

I was neither, so my profit will be a very small one.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think and hope that ultimately he'll win but I fear there's still a chance of TSCS (Trumpian Supreme Court Skullduggery)

By the way you can still get 24/5 at some bookies if you're quick
    The bookies are paying out on the result when first declared.

I'm sure there will be some legal challenges further down the line, especially if Trump loses.

Oh BFP. Your inability to discuss ideas, or the content of anything, and instead concentrate on denigrating the person, party, or in this case the platform is remarkable.

As for the question of whether it's strange or not, it's less than 24 hours since you said my (correct) election prediciton was strange, since you couldn't accept any alternatives to the opinion polls presented to you in the media you like.

These videos talk in some detail about polling methodology, and what might be motivating people to vote Trump - even if they don't like him. These are both questions that have been asked on here today so I thought people might be interested in hearing potential answers to them.

If you don't agree with what's in the videos then fair enough, but at least try a bit of constructive criticism, otherwise what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Craig Murray
    Historian, Former Ambassador, Human Rights Activist

"From the viewpoint of US domestic policy and particularly attitudes to social division, race and immigration, the end of Trump’s cynical manipulation of atavistic instinct among the electorate will be in itself a good thing. This has not been a healthy period in US politics.

But Trump has not been defeated by a Bernie Sanders; he has been defeated by a corrupt political hack backed to the hilt by the large majority of the billionaire owned media, financed out of Wall street and with no intention of pursuing anything other than neo-liberal economic policies. It is also the firm re-establishment of the rule of the security state and the military-industrial complex. Trump’s instinctive isolationism made him an enemy of the security state interest which spent a great deal of time in trying to undermine its President.

With Biden we will return to business as usual, and that means war and invasions. Under Trump we have had no new wars started, even if he continued old ones with little control. Without Trump, I have not the tiniest doubt that Syria would have been bombed back to the Stone Age, exactly like Libya, and millions more people would have been killed. Irrespective of the undoubted damage Trump has caused inside the United States across many fronts, Hillary would have killed a lot more people. Just not Americans."

Murray’s the guy who furiously tried to claim that the Russians weren’t responsible for the Salisbury poisoning. He never deviates very much from the views of his mates in the Kremlin.

Also. Christ on a bike I’m fed up with reading ‘Trump’s not great , but Biden/Clinton/Obama would be worse’ takes. As they say, follow the money.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 04-11-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast