+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cammy bell

LOL - fair point that we might get more on eBay / twitter than from killie. Hope his agent has prepared the usual montage on you tube

In all seriousness though this is an absolute travesty.

One of our best players last season. Terrible we are letting him go when he's still young for a keeper and best keeper we have had for while.

Embarrassing for the club and player the way we have treated him and showing him no respect

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Rangers fans have listed him on gum tree and scot adds, i f ucking kid you not. Massive f uck up from our media
    Who gives a phuck what the Huns do? Is this due to your Unionist leanings?

United released the story through the club website after stories about Bell, presumably instigated by Bell and his agent, appeared in the Sun stating Bell would leave for free. United wanting to make the point to Killie and Bell that that is not the case. Like all stories on the website, a link is put up on the twitter account to generate more interest in the story. I bet they didn't imagine the coverage it would generate. Again Bell and his agent go running to their mouthpiece, the Sun. I fail to see how this is a phuck up? UNITED DID NOT TRY AND SELL BELL THROUGH TWITTER. For all those outraged by this, have you even looked into the truth of the story?

United being completely transparent here. Only one side telling stories.

Bell wanted to leave, signing two keepers suggests it was close to happening. Killie decide they don't want to pay a fee and this holds up the deal. United playing hard ball. That is all. Don't believe for a second that Bell is in anyway hard done by here. He instigated this. If he doesn't move, United will pay his wages. Ask yourself why he was injured so much last season? Travelling from Annan everyday might have something to do with his fitness/recovery. That cost the club in points and ultimately possibly promotion?

Hopefully he leaves soon. A good keeper but not committed to the club. Best for all parties that he moves on but less of the drama please.

I think the wording of the tweet was ill advised but someone here is playing silly buggers and I'd reckon it's more to do with agents and player than United.

As for Sevco fans getting all high and mighty at it. Who cares? Bunch of knuckle dragging halfwits whose old club was sold for a pound to a complete charlatan and they applauded him in.

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    I think the wording of the tweet was ill advised but someone here is playing silly buggers and I'd reckon it's more to do with agents and player than United.

As for Sevco fans getting all high and mighty at it. Who cares? Bunch of knuckle dragging halfwits whose old club was sold for a pound to a complete charlatan and they applauded him in.
    I agree. His agent has probably hoored him out to all of the clubs on the west coast and they're either not interested, not taking a chance on him because of his injury, not offering the same wage as us or just not willing to pay a nominal fee. Bell and the club are now left in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePearson View Post

United released the story through the club website after stories about Bell, presumably instigated by Bell and his agent, appeared in the Sun stating Bell would leave for free. United wanting to make the point to Killie and Bell that that is not the case. Like all stories on the website, a link is put up on the twitter account to generate more interest in the story. I bet they didn't imagine the coverage it would generate. Again Bell and his agent go running to their mouthpiece, the Sun. I fail to see how this is a phuck up? UNITED DID NOT TRY AND SELL BELL THROUGH TWITTER. For all those outraged by this, have you even looked into the truth of the story?

Bell wanted to leave, signing two keepers suggests it was close to happening. Killie decide they don't want to pay a fee and this holds up the deal. United playing hard ball. That is all. Don't believe for a second that Bell is in anyway hard done by here. He instigated this. If he doesn't move, United will pay his wages. Ask yourself why he was injured so much last season? Travelling from Annan everyday might have something to do with his fitness/recovery. That cost the club in points and ultimately possibly promotion?

Hopefully he leaves soon. A good keeper but not committed to the club. Best for all parties that he moves on but less of the drama please.
    My unionist leanings? You'll need to elaborate on that for me Joe...

How can everyone on social media ridiculing our club and its announcement not be classed as a f uck up? Especially now as hes said he never even knew he was on the transfer list! its a f ucking minter!

Reading between the lines here, plumber posted saying he was away weeks ago so he'd clearly heard Bell wanted to leave at that point. Add to that the fact Bell still lives in Annan (absolute miles away by the way, almost in England FFS). Things clearly haven't worked out as Bell had hoped with our club not standing in his way (the fact we've signed two goalkeepers tells you that Ray thinks he was gone) and now he appears to be trying to make himself look good and the club bad by saying what he's said. Looks like bull**** to me, we could have told him tough cheese you are seeing your contract out. IMHO the Club have been stitched up here by the player and his agent. None of this excuses the club putting this on twitter BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePearson View Post

Sorry Joe but I don't agree with you on this. I've never heard any club list a player publicly on their club website. The twitter post was to alert people to the update on Uniteds website but that should not be on the website. It's embarrassing for the player and the club, this is our club captain FFS! If this was Dundee or the huns we would have pissed ourselves laughing and rightly so. If United wanted to clear the air on speculation then all they had to do was get Ray to go to the press and say we've had no offers and he won't be leaving for free. All transfers are done by clubs privately, I have no idea what they thought they would achieve out of this but if anything its just made us look desperate.

You say "I bet they didn't imagine the coverage it would generate", that's the phuck up. They posted on twitter "UNITED OPEN TO OFFERS FOR CAMMY BELL" what did they expect?
    Last edited by Mr_Brightside; 02-08-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Perhaps they expected the amount of publicity its getting and that's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Perhaps they expected the amount of publicity its getting and that's the point?
    Exactly. Everyone now knows he is available. We should do a similar tweet for Donaldson.
    Last edited by JoePearson; 02-08-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Moment of genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Sorry Joe but I don't agree with you on this. I've never heard any club list a player publicly on their club website. The twitter post was to alert people to the update on Uniteds website but that should not be on the website. It's embarrassing for the player and the club, this is our club captain FFS! If this was Dundee or the huns we would have pissed ourselves laughing and rightly so. If United wanted to clear the air on speculation then all they had to do was get Ray to go to the press and say we've had no offers and he won't be leaving for free. All transfers are done by clubs privately, I have no idea what they thought they would achieve out of this but if anything its just made us look desperate.

You say "I bet they didn't imagine the coverage it would generate", that's the phuck up. They posted on twitter "UNITED OPEN TO OFFERS FOR CAMMY BELL" what did they expect?
    There are several examples of other clubs doing exactly the same. Lower league English sides. It's 2017. This is a press release or at least the equivalent of a press release through the official club website. Would you prefer it was doing through a rag like the Sun as the player and agent seem to prefer?
    Last edited by JoePearson; 02-08-2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Shockingly poor grammar.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)