+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: v Hibs (h)

I honestly think the limitations/options up front dictate a lot of the football we play. Nothing sticks up top, Nearest we have to pace/ball carriers are Watson if he is played deeper, mochrie carrying the ball, niskanen. Armstrong, Conway, Robertson, gms etc in past could take whole team up the Pitch with a single run, if you are starting moves midway inside the opposition half with space created it’s a lot easier than trying to pass through an entire team from the back.

Even a semi competent attack would have avoided the current run.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    I can't wait to see Moore again. God knows if its a knock or 10 bones broken such is our comms to fans. Fair enough but an end of year report would be good.
    Lets not forget that I, back about 9 months ago, criticised our comms. I was told (by this forum) that i should pay extra to get the knowledge that you boys and girls were getting. It was the £7.99 that was stopping me knowing. Aye? Just ****e comms eh i pay £300+ already and we have no idea. it seems that you guys wapping oot the extra £8 have no idea either. WTF are you paying it for?

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    Lets not forget that I, back about 9 months ago, criticised our comms. I was told (by this forum) that i should pay extra to get the knowledge that you boys and girls were getting. It was the £7.99 that was stopping me knowing. Aye? Just ****e comms eh i pay £300+ already and we have no idea. it seems that you guys wapping oot the extra £8 have no idea either. WTF are you paying it for?
    Most of the updates I get are in the free press. That's where I found out about injuries to Biamou, Levitt, Moore, etc.

Do other clubs give in depth details regarding their injured players?

someone can look up this post but i nearly left the board over it. communication stinks at united. Aye, put your hand in your pocket but we wont tell you why. biggest problem between me becoming a donor or not.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    someone can look up this post but i nearly left the board over it. communication stinks at united. Aye, put your hand in your pocket but we wont tell you why. biggest problem between me becoming a donor or not.
    I think it was Shedka who gave you that advice and he is in a minority of one on that subject so i wouldna be leaving the board over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Most of the updates I get are in the free press. That's where I found out about injuries to Biamou, Levitt, Moore, etc.

Do other clubs give in depth details regarding their injured players?
    For as long as I can remember, ours used to. What's changed? Dribs & drabs every few weeks is p!sh when the club are supposedly trying to improve fan communication.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    For as long as I can remember, ours used to. What's changed? Dribs & drabs every few weeks is p!sh when the club are supposedly trying to improve fan communication.
    I'm guessing they don't want to give away possible team information to other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post

Even a semi competent attack would have avoided the current run.
    Youre totally right there. Im sure Courts is aware of this now as his job and potential management career really is on the line. For what its worth i don't think many many managers could have done much better with our current side and the injurys, suspesions and covid absentees. The defence has been brilliant, midfield when at full strength also pretty good, foward line an utter embarrassment. Absolutely nothing sticks. Courts downfall was believing we didnt need to sign any strikers, its really coming back to bite him now.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Youre totally right there. Im sure Courts is aware of this now as his job and potential management career really is on the line. For what its worth i don't think many many managers could have done much better with our current side and the injurys, suspesions and covid absentees. The defence has been brilliant, midfield when at full strength also pretty good, foward line an utter embarrassment. Absolutely nothing sticks. Courts downfall was believing we didnt need to sign any strikers, its really coming back to bite him now.
    100%. He put his faith in young guys like Chalmers and Appere kicking on and they haven't repaid him with good performances.

The unexpected good start we had possibly blindsided us to the fact that we're still very much a team in transition. What we've transitioned is the defence and that's it.

I'm sure TA and TC hoped that the addition of Levitt on loan was going to sort the midfield and to be fair to them once Levitt settled it looked like it had. Back in the summer I said we needed at least two additions there and that's proved the case with Levitt getting injured. Now it looks like we still might need 2 if Fuchs and Levitt are away. The bright spot is the emergence of Glass after injury. He's still young, may be inconsistent at times but with two good experienced players alongside him he looks like a long term fixture in there. We just need the 2 experienced players and for me it's not Harkes and Pawlett.

Failing to replace Shankland has been the real problem. They tried by signing Biamou but that's not worked out so far.

The January window now looks very important for us, season defining, there's a lot to sort out. Get it right we can make top 6, push on next season, get it wrong and our slump could continue.

On injury updates I would say the club need to do far more to respect the fans engagement. OK we get that we're not going to be given an update about a player who is 50/50 for Saturday but we should have been getting updates on Butcher when he was out, Liam Smith, Levitt, Biamou. A real misjudgment by the club, they need to be listening on this.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)