+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Chesterfield F.C. 11.02.23 [NL]

Great character by the team to win that game today, really wouldn’t want to play them again!

This last three games has really questioned the guts of the squad and they have withstood the test. It doesn’t get any easier unfortunately, we have to beat Barnet now.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    I hope our bypassing of midfield only to invite pressure back in the last 10 mins gives the gerritforward crowd something to think about.

We missed Ruben something rotten in parts of that game.

Amazing to see some Chessie fans calling Notts cheats. Don't think they could have complained much had they been down to 9.
    And how did the first goal come about again?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    And how did the first goal come about again?
    Not saying never to do it, and against a high press with players up it's a useful tool, but I reckon over a season doing it regularly costs more than it saves.

first time I've seen Notts win on TV since... ever?

Incredibly tight at the top, but there's a professionalism at Notts these days that might just be the ace up our sleeve. We're not getting distracted by bad refs or sh!thouse teams. LW's influence methinks. Smart to take Scott off when he did, for eg.

Big improvement for Jones 2nd half. Langstaff absolutely class as usual. Dobra? Good job Stubbs isn't playing now as he'd have put the cheating little git out of his misery.
    Great win today.
    U pies 😄

How did we win that? Chesterfield were relentless, how did Woking beat them 3-1?

That was a really tough game, with chesterfield having lost their last three they were always going to be even more up for this game, making it even harder for us. It is hard to be critical of the team after such a passionate and hard fought win but I did feel we were second best for large periods tonight. Our midfield were overrun at times and we struggled to keep possession, we seemed to be constantly having to defend (which we seemed to have learned largely how to do thankfully).

Everyone deserves credit for tonight but a special mention to Jones who had a shocking first half but came after the break and made a real difference. Edit:Bigbob beat me to it!

If we went up this year, who would welcome Dobra into this Notts side?! A complete @rse, but the lad can play.

These are the types of games we’d have lost last season.

Dobra should be ashamed of himself.

Chesterfield were lucky to keep 10 players on the pitch.

Thought they worked hard to stop us playing. But they are clearly awful in front of goal which is why they are 22 points behind us.

Without the motivation of playing against us, I think they will struggle. They might not even make the playoffs……unless they start scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Were both of our goals offside 👀

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast