+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

What a cracking day to watch Rugby League , t shirt and shorts and a few pints whilst you watch the game .

Best thing they ever did reverting to a summer sport .

Betfred Championship Round 8

Wakefield Trinity 46 - 22 Swinton Lions

What a cracking game of Rugby League this was on a baking afternoon at Belle Vue .

For 55 minutes Swinton were the best and fittest team we've come up against so far and executed their game plan brilliantly .

Admittedly Trinity were without a few starters today through injury and concusion protocol but I'm taking nothing away from Swinton who gave us a proper game of Rugby League .

As ever with Trinity our forwards get us out of the shyte with their power and completely ran over the Swindon lads in the last 20 minutes .

A very enjoyable afternoon in the Belle Vue sunshine , beer was going down a treat .

Whitehaven away next week , the weather could be anything up there next Sunday .

Another good win Animal but first half we looked disjointed without Lino/Gayle.

Powerful team we are, fitness and some quality told in the end.

Glad to be back at Belle Vue after my travels.

A carlsberg beer went down well in the heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Another good win Animal but first half we looked disjointed without Lino/Gayle.

Powerful team we are, fitness and some quality told in the end.

Glad to be back at Belle Vue after my travels.

A carlsberg beer went down well in the heat!
    Lawford is still very raw for me Chop , mind you he was given some poor ball at times , picking it up off his ankles and shoulders in the first half .

Looked better when Kay moved to half to join Jowett I thought .

Not a fan of Walmsley playing full back either but we had enough in the end .

Our forwards are just relentless and there's nobody in this league who can handle their power over 80 minutes .

Betfred Championship Round 9

Whitehaven 6 - 30 Wakefield Trinity

That's 9 wins from the first 9 games and Trinity lead the championship by 4 points .

I didn't go up to Whitehaven today but managed to get radio commentary on BBC Radio Cumbria and it was a fairly routine win .

It's a strange feeling at times and I wonder if Chop feels the same because as Barnsley and Trinity RL fans I don't think either of us have ever experienced watching either club and be so superior to the rest of the league .

I've seen Trinity at this level in the 80's and 90's and it was a real struggle to get back to the top flight and some seasons we didn't manage it at all .

It isn't the championship that's poor because it isn't , there's some really good players at this level who have had decent super league careers and some good young lads out on loan from Wigan , St Helens , Warrington and Hull KR .

It's just Trinity are just massively better .

The investment followed by the professional management team that Mr Ellis has put together have all contributed to the re-signing of certain players who's contracts were up last season and new players signing on, not just because of what they are being paid but because they can see a bright future with return to the Super League in 2025 and with far better facilities. Hence we have a stronger squad now than we did during last season.

I also think with the IMG points scoring system now in place, some Championship clubs previously wanting to get into Super League by winning the league now know they cannot qualify for Super League in the foreseeable future so they have reduced their playing squad costs. Hence this season, Featherstone Rovers, Toulouse and Halifax are not at the same level performance wise that they were at in 2023.

I do think we could go all season unbeaten.

The investment followed by the professional management team that Mr Ellis has put together have all contributed to the re-signing of certain players who's contracts were up last season and new players signing on, not just because of what they are being paid but because they can see a bright future with return to the Super League in 2025 and with far better facilities. Hence we have a stronger squad now than we did during last season.

I also think with the IMG points scoring system now in place, some Championship clubs previously wanting to get into Super League by winning the league now know they cannot qualify for Super League in the foreseeable future so they have reduced their playing squad costs for 2024. Hence this season, Featherstone Rovers, Toulouse and Halifax are not at the same level performance wise that they were at in 2023.

I do think we could go all season unbeaten.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213